OANDA Launches Forex Trading App for BlackBerry Smartphones
NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2010–OANDA Corporation, provider of innovative online forex trading and the world's most accurate currency data, has introduced an application for trading currencies on the popular BlackBerry platform, the world's most popular mobile platform for business users.
OANDA fxTrade Mobile for BlackBerry is the fourth free mobile trading app the company has launched in the past six months, following successful launches for iPad forex trading, iPhone forex trading, and Android forex trading. BlackBerry users can download the new app at http://m.oanda.com/rim/.
"Global events drive the forex market around the clock," said Michael Stumm, CEO, OANDA Corp. "Our mobile apps have become an essential part of the trading experience, providing our traders with convenient 24-hour anywhere access to their account status and trades."
OANDA's new BlackBerry forex trading app is compatible with 9000, 9650, and 9700 series BlackBerry smartphones. It gives traders the tight spreads and trading advantages of OANDA fxTrade™— the company's award-winning forex trading platform.
- 24/7 trading on 54 currency pairs and 4 precious metal pairs
- Market trades and limit orders executed with a single click
- Multiple screens for Rates, Buy/Sell, Positions, and Trades updated in real time
- Limit orders: take profit, stop loss, trailing stops, lower and upper bounds
- Custom views of real-time exchange rate data
- Candlestick and Min/Max charts in color, with multiple timeframes
- Dynamic account values shown: unrealized/realized P&L, margin used/available, net asset value
- Email OANDA customer service from inside the app
- Connect through Wi-Fi, 3G, or mobile networks
- Compatible with 9000, 9650, and 9700 BlackBerry smartphones
OANDA started in 1995 as the first online provider of comprehensive currency exchange information. Since then the OANDA Rate® has become the benchmark for corporations, tax authorities, auditing firms, and central banks. In 2001 OANDA launched fxTrade, the first fully automated online forex trading platform. fxTrade was the first platform to offer immediate execution, support trades and accounts of any size, enable true 24/7 trading, and eliminate the rollover swap by calculating interest by the second. OANDA's innovative technology has enabled it to sustain a large trading volume. Peak performance has been measured at 1.5 million trades a day, far exceeding the volume typically handled through any of the leading global banks or electronic communication networks (ECNs) that trade forex.
OANDA Corporation is a registered Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and is a forex dealer member of the U.S. National Futures Association (NFA). OANDA Corporation owns the following subsidiaries: OANDA Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore with a Capital Markets Services license; OANDA Middle East Corporation Ltd., with a license from the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA); and OANDA Canada, regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).