Register for our live webinar sessions. To register click the date and time of the webinar you would like to attend and complete the form.
LIVE MARKET ANALYSIS
Identify market trends of major forex and CFD trading instruments.
BASICS OF TRADING
Learn trading essentials and discover more about our trading platforms.
Live Market Analysis: Real-Time Analysis of EUR, USD, GBP and JPY
by David Villagra There’s no better way to learn how to analyse the markets and identify trading opportunities than through an over-the-shoulder session with one of our experienced trainers. During this webinar, OANDA’s technical trading analyst David Villagra will explore the live forex markets, helping you better understand how to identify high-probability trades.
• Learn how to identify intra-day trading opportunities across forex and CFD
• Analyze time frames to fine tune your entry and avoid impulsive trades
• Build a plan in high-probability setups using entry, stop and take profit levels
• Identify and understand micro patterns and the reason why they are important
Live Market Analysis: Real-Time Analysis of Near and Intermediate Term Opportunities
A lively and interactive webinar with a professional trader. Review the near and intermediate term Forex/CFD† markets and developing trends of interest.
• Spot potential opportunities using OANDA's innovative trading tools
• Identify intraday and swing trading opportunities using the OANDA Heatmap
• Recognize key levels in various markets and potential trading approaches
• Learn practical techniques for assessing the strength of a price trend
• Ask questions to a professional trader about OANDA's tools and charts
Identifying Opportunities with CFDs and Currencies
CFDs offer a unique way to trade the global commodity, index and bond markets. Understand the advantages, risks and characteristics of CFDs as part of this webinar, where we will review the near and intermediate term trends of interest in the GBP, UK100, Oil and Gold markets.
• A topical look at the GBP and UK100 market and key analysis of trends
• Benefits and risks of adding GBP, UK100, Oil and Gold in your portfolio
• Usage of technical analysis to estimate the direction of potential trends
• Fundamental and technical analysis Q&A
Placing your first trade can be an exciting time, it can also be a daunting task. Every trader in their career has had to have placed their first trade at some point. Join us on this mini webinar where we will walk you through these first steps.
• How to login to the OANDA demo/live account
• Placing a market order on a demo account
• Closing a trade
A Price Chart can be a technical trader’s most important tool when it comes to seeking opportunity on the global markets. Join us for this insightful webinar were a full-time, experienced trader will walk you through the Advanced Charting basics. You will also get acquainted with a powerful set of 65+ technical indicators to help you in formulating an effective trading strategy.
• How to access the Advanced Charting platform
• Setting up your customized charts
• Platform tips and tricks for beginners and intermediate traders
• Powerful indicators to identify opportunities
Introduction to Trading and Basic Platform Training
by James Hume Designed to arm you with the essential knowledge you need to trade the markets with confidence, we’ll talk you through the basics of self-directed trading with OANDA during this exclusive webinar, which aims to help you transition from practice to live account.
• An introduction to forex, CFD, and precious metals trading
• Margin and leverage explained
• Navigating the fxTrade and MT4 platforms
• Access to advanced tools and educational resources
Leverage Advanced Capabilities of the OANDA Web Platform
Learn how to easily navigate the OANDA web trading platform to efficiently spot and act on market opportunities. Join us for this interactive webinar where we will walk you through the different features of the OANDA web trading platform. This webinar will help you customize the trading platform interface to easily access the most important information to suit your trading tactics. You will also get acquainted with a powerful set of 65+ technical indicators to help you in formulating an effective trading strategy.
• How to set up customized charts
• Access the powerful set of technical indicators
• Access realtime technical and fundamental news analysis
• Learn platform tips and tricks for effective trading
Check back for live schedule.
Trading Analysis for Forex and CFD's†: The Way a Trader sees it
The choice available to traders can be endless, with hundreds, if not thousands of products available to trade, five and a half days a week. How can traders identify potential opportunities? Join us for this insightful webinar where we take a look at how a professional trader seeks out potential trading opportunities.
• Learn practical skills determining a price trend • See trading analysis & strategy examples in various markets* • Use Correlation Heat Maps for intra-day and swing trading • Learn advanced technical analysis
Breakouts of support and resistance levels in the market occur when buying and selling activity builds up at very specific price points and subsequently breaks above or below that level. These potential setups can occur over both short and long timeframes; there is also the possibility of a “false” breakout. In this webinar we discuss how you can spot these potential breakout levels and develop a strategy for trading them.
• Understand the meaning of support and resistance levels
• Discover why sloping trend lines are subjective and largely unreliable
• Develop criteria for entry and stop order placement when there is a breakout level
• Enhance your technical knowledge identifying trend strength
This well known, but often misused tool can identify areas where traders might consider joining trends and placing stops. When a Fibonacci level is combined with sources of price support and resistance it can become a powerful technical analysis tool.
• Methods for applying Fibonacci techniques in chart analysis
• Understand trends minimizing the need to remember chart pattern names
• Utilize Fibonacci retracements to anticipate trend turning points
• Use cluster analysis to gauge the strength of price and resistance levels
The psychology behind trading is what moves the markets. Developing a good understanding of the forces that move the markets will help achieve improved trading performance. A disciplined trader has a set framework to profit from expected market movements along with a strategy in place should the markets move against them.
• Focusing on the trading strategy
• Decisions driven by emotions
• How to deal with wins and losses
• Hastening the learning curve
The trading environment can be fast-paced with numerous opportunities and pitfalls. It might seem like the odds are stacked up against traders, given that those who lack discipline could lose money in the majority of the cases. Understanding the psychological pitfalls of trading could be the key to improve your trading strategy.
• The 4 stages of trading development
• Impacts created from profits and losses
• Creating the right trading environment
• Two elements that try to stand in your way to success
How to Use Proprietary Order Flow Information to Trade Forex with Confidence
OANDA’s proprietary MT4 Open Order Indicator reveals this key information, providing you with the same visibility enjoyed by institutional traders for years. Because we provide an aggregate overview of current buy and sell orders placed by OANDA traders on your MT4 charts, support and resistance levels are clearly visible, creating transparency over the markets and helping you gain a competitive edge in your trading strategy.
Protect your capital investment applying risk management techniques.
PREMIUM WEBINAR SERIES
Sign in with your OANDA live account to learn trading strategies using technical tools and indicators.
Core Risk Management Principles
Risk management is a key skill and discipline that is vital to the success and survival of traders with all levels of experience. The anticipation and management of risk should be a key component of a trading plan and not an afterthought. In this session we review:
• Common sources of trading risk
• Symptoms of risk that should make you re-evaluate your approach
• Techniques to reduce, avoid, or transfer risks when you identify them
• Comments from well-known traders on achieving success by using effective risk management practices
This practical session highlights common errors that can make it harder for traders to achieve their trading goals. Traders of all levels will benefit from insights and practical tips to identify and reduce these common errors. Content focuses on trading mindset rather than specific trading strategies.
• Review common trading errors and understand how they can affect your financial results
• Recognize these errors in your trading and learn practical approaches to reducing them
• Distinguish between a winning trade and flawless execution
• Learn practical techniques for assessing the strength of a currency trend
• Implement a process of self-review to continuously identify and reduce trading errors
In this session, we will introduce you to two technical trading strategies which we will explore in more detail through the course, as well as the ingredients that combine for you to decide your own entry, stop, and target for a trade. These versatile strategies are applicable to various markets and timeframes.
• A modern approach to identifying and interpreting trends
• Test your knowledge of trends – A framework to understand various chart patterns
• Locate charts with ‘optimal’ chart structure before beginning to look for trading opportunities
• Common characteristics of some of the world’s most successful traders
• Explore the meaning and importance of developing a “trader’s mindset”
Take a dive deeper into understanding the forces driving the movement of price and develop a framework for interpreting price movements and possible future direction. By the end of this session you will have a deeper understanding of key elements in a modern day technical analyst’s toolbox.
• A fresh approach to finding and interpreting support and resistance levels
• Why sloping trend lines are subjective and why objectivity is vital for a technical trader
• Learn about candlestick patterns
• How price action combined with moving averages can be a leading indicator of price movement
In this webinar, we begin to layer technical indicators like Moving Averages, MACD and RSI on to our understanding of trends to develop a deeper assessment of price action. We begin to see how using conventional indicators in innovative ways can help us gauge the strength of trends, and determine whether we should consider joining them or staying out. We will explore the concept of indicator convergence and examine how we can:
• Use convergence between price and indicators to find the probability of a trend continuing
• Accurately assess divergence to spot potential trend reversals
• Tie the technical ‘ingredients’ together with the bigger picture view
• Utilize multiple timeframe analysis to confidently assess a potential price movement
In this final session, we combine everything we have learnt so far into two complete strategies that can potentially be applied to various time frames and liquid markets. We demonstrate how combining multiple technical analysis ‘ingredients’ in a specific ‘recipe’ can enable you to determine your own entry, stop and target values when certain setups present themselves.
• Learn the ‘Momentum Breakout’ and ‘Trend Flow’ strategies in significant detail
• Understand the elements of each strategy and develop a detailed checklist to identify potential trading opportunities
• Emphasize important risk and money management practices
• Learn how record keeping and feedback are important to your development as a trader
Explaining Inner Trend Lines and Identifying Key Areas of Price Acceleration
Price Action series with David Villagra Successful self-directed FX traders rely heavily on support and resistance levels and trend lines, however many novice traders fail to understand how to accurately apply these levels and, more importantly, how to use and apply inner trend lines. During this webinar, we’ll talk you through the importance of inner trend lines and how you can use them to identify key areas of price acceleration.
• How professional traders use and apply trend lines on multiple timeframes
• Why using inner trendlines helps identify where price is likely to accelerate
• Reducing your initial drawdown once you enter a trend with inner trendlines
• Finding solid risk reward trading opportunities using trendlines
Top Down Analysis: Using Multiple Timeframes to Gain an Edge
Price Action series with David Villagra Successful traders use a clearly defined trading strategy that not only identifies the best time to enter the market, it also addresses the critical factor of when to stay out. Our top-down analysis session identifies how you can use and apply multiple timeframes to gain an edge in your strategy and explains why this is critical for your trading plan.
• How to systematically use multiple timeframes to locate trading opportunities
• Applying an effective checklist to every trade before entering the market
• Using multiple timeframe analysis to avoid potentially bad trade setups
• Live trading examples: watch our trainer analyse the markets using the timeframe analysis checklist
Exploring the Magic of Fibonacci: Using Price Anatomy to Identify Key Price Levels
Price Action series with David Villagra Despite its prevalence in the natural world, Fibonacci is often misused even by experienced traders, however this tool can provide invaluable insights into price exhaustion, reversal opportunities and take profit levels when used correctly. During this webinar, we’ll help you better understand how you can use Fibonacci price anatomy to identify key price levels.
• An unconventional way to measure price extension to identify short-term targets
• How to wait for a ‘natural movement’ that allows you to put probability on your side
• Using Fibonacci to identify areas of price exhaustion
• A concise framework on how to use Fibonacci to identify clear entry and exit levels
Opportunities With Price Gaps & Volume Analysis:
Ideal Areas For Low-Risk Entries
with David Villagra Price spikes offer a unique opportunity for experienced traders with an in-depth understanding of how to take advantage of market volatility, however many novice traders remain unaware of the risk involved. During this session we’ll help you understand how you can exploit price inefficiencies after a spike occurs in order to identify low-risk entries and better align your setups with market direction.
• The origin and anatomy of a price spike and how to use them to your advantage
• The risks involved when trading highly volatile price spikes
• Exploiting price inefficiencies after a spike occurs and using them to your advantage
• Probabilities of gaps being filled and how to align your trade setups with the most likely direction afterwards
Continuation And Reversal Price Patterns: Advanced Entry Strategies
with David Villagra The forex markets are renowned for trending, and being able to capture a solid part of a successful trend can significantly increase your chances of placing a successful trade, however in among these trends are micro patterns that signal opportunities for continuation and reversals. OANDA’s technical trading analyst David Villagra outlines how to enter your trades based on these patterns during this online training session.
• Identify the precise rules for entry based on micro patterns occurring in lower time frames
• Gain clarity on your entry signals so you aren’t left guessing
• Using micro pattern analysis to identify trending opportunities
• Live chart examples: Learn from the most critical intra-day chart patterns used by short-term traders
Managing Trades: Flexible Exit Strategies Across Multiple Timeframes
with David Villagra Smart traders understand that profits are generated on exit rather than entry levels, and as such often manage their trades using multiple exit strategies, providing greater flexibility and potentially maximising their opportunities. During this session, we’ll provide you with an in-depth understanding of how you can incorporate flexible exit strategies across multiple timeframes and market conditions.
• Spot potential opportunities using OANDA's innovative trading tools • Learn how to apply the OANDA Heatmap for potential opportunities for both intraday and swing trading • Recognize key levels in various markets and possible approaches to trading them • Learn practical techniques for assessing the strength of a price trend • A great opportunity to ask a professional trader questions about using OANDA's various technical tools and charting packages
A trading strategy can offer benefits such as consistency of positive outcomes, and error minimization. An optimal trading strategy reflects the trader’s objective and personal approach.
Fundamental traders watch interest rates, employment reports, and other economic indicators trying to forecast market trends.
Technical analysts track historical prices, and traded volumes in an attempt to identify market trends. They rely on graphs and charts to plot this information and identify repeating patterns as a means to signal future buy and sell opportunities.
Leveraged trading involves high risk since losses can exceed the original investment. A capital management plan is vital to the success and survival of traders with all levels of experience.
Learn risk management concepts to preserve your capital and minimize your risk exposure. Seek to understand how leveraged trading can generate larger profits or larger losses and how multiple open trades can increase your risk of an automatic margin closeout.
Execution speed numbers are based on the median round trip latency measurements from receipt to response for all Market Order Fills executed between June 1st and Sept 1st 2016 on the OANDA legacy and OANDA v20 execution platforms, excepting MT4 initiated orders.
Contracts for Difference (CFDs) or Precious Metals are NOT available to residents of the United States.
MT4 hedging capabilities are NOT available to residents of the United States.
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) limits leverage available to retail forex traders in the United States to 50:1 on major currency pairs and 20:1 for all others. OANDA Asia Pacific offers maximum leverage of 50:1 on FX products and limits to leverage offered on CFDs apply. Maximum leverage for OANDA Canada clients is determined by IIROC and is subject to change. For more information refer to our regulatory and financial compliance section.
Trading FX and/or CFDs on margin is high risk and not suitable for everyone. Losses can exceed investment.