Professional trading account
Trade forex and CFDs with higher leverage ratios with a professional account. We also offer volume rebates and margin relief when you place a guaranteed stop-loss order (GSLO), stop-loss order or trailing stop loss on your indices, forex, gold, silver and crude oil CFD trades.
Welcome bonus for new professional account holders
As a new professional trading account holder, you could qualify for a welcome bonus of up to AU$10,000. All you have to do is deposit funds into your account within the first 30 days and meet the below minimum trading requirements within 90 days.
Refer a friend and earn up to AU$1,000 each
Know a professional trader who doesn’t have an OANDA account yet? Refer them today and you both could earn up to AU$1,000 when they meet the minimum trading requirements within 90 days.
Terms and conditions apply.
OANDA trading account comparison*
|Features||Retail (core pricing and spread only-pricing)||Professional|
|Available leverage||From 30:1||From 100:1|
|Margin relief on SLOs/GSLOs||No||Yes|
|Client funds segregation||Yes||Yes|
|Margin closeout level||50%||50%|
|Negative balance protection||Yes||No|
|Access to FSG||Yes||No|
|Access to PDS||Yes||No|
|Yes||At AFCA's discretion|
Higher leverage with a professional trading account
You can benefit from higher leverage when you place a GSLO on your trades using our professional trading account. This means that you get additional margin relief of 50% of your standard margin, plus the amount at risk when you use a GSLO, stop-loss order or trailing stop-loss order. Find out more.
Risks of being a professional trading account holder
- You waive the right to receive a Financial Services Guide (FSG).
- You waive the right to receive a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
- You may lose the right to compensation and complaint handling arrangements. This remains at the discretion of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
OANDA professional trading account qualification
To trade using a professional trading account, clients must qualify as either a ‘wholesale client’ or ‘sophisticated investor’ based on specific criteria.
To qualify as a ‘wholesale client’, you will need to have:
- Assets of at least AUD2.5 million, or
- Gross income for each of the last 2 financial years of at least AUD250,000
- A qualified accountant who can certify that you meet one of the above financial criteria, and
- A high level of financial literacy and product knowledge
To qualify as a ‘sophisticated investor’, you will need to have:
- Traded derivatives for at least 12 months with OANDA or another licensed broker
- Executed at least 150 derivatives trades within the 12 months
- Executed a total notional value of derivatives trades equal to or greater than US$10 million; and
- Been assessed by an OANDA representative as to having a satisfactory level of derivatives knowledge and experience
We do NOT guarantee to any clients that they will meet the qualifying standards required to be a wholesale client or sophisticated investor. Clients who DO qualify will be upgraded to the professional trading account.
We will NOT assess as a wholesale client or sophisticated investor those clients who:
- Are trading derivatives in connection with a business, or
- Have not traded derivatives previously
Need more information?
To learn more about OANDA’s professional trading account or how you might qualify as a wholesale client or sophisticated investor, please contact Daivd Villagra or Jason Song.
Direct: 02 8243 7112
Direct: 02 8243 7108
On the 29th March 2021 ASIC’s Product Intervention Order - Contracts for Difference came into effect. For more information regarding the Order, please refer to the link:
*Retail and professional trading account offers as of March 29, 2021.
Trade forex and CFDs
Take a position on a range of FX pairs and CFDs using the OANDA Trade and MT4 platforms.
Take a position with OANDA Trade
OANDA Trade can be accessed from your web-browser, tablet and mobile device.
Trading performance portal
Analyse your trade history and identify your strengths and weaknesses using our performance portal.