Live Exchange Rates - EUR/TRY
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/TRY at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro (sometimes called “fibre”) is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Turkish Lira (Currency code: TRY)
- Central bank: The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- Turkey’s economy is increasingly driven by industry and service sectors: automotive, construction, electronics.
- Many Turks are still employed in traditional sectors: agriculture, or textiles and clothing.
- The Yeni Türk Lirası (New Turkish lira, YTL) was introduced on January 1, 2005 to remove six zeroes. On January 1, 2009 all old liras were removed from circulation and the “new” currency again became the “lira” (TRY).