OANDA EUROPE LIMITED
A. Policy Statement
B. Categories of Personal Information OANDA Collects
OANDA collects Personal Information about our customers from the following sources:
- Account Application Forms and other documents and data submitted by customers, such as customer name, residential address, date of birth, employment information, investment experience, annual income, and estimated net worth;
- Customer Transactions with OANDA such as account deposits and withdrawals that require customers to provide bank account information
- Consumer Reports and other information OANDA receives from third party agencies;
- Communications with OANDA customer service representatives; and
- "Cookies" described in section G below.
C. How OANDA Uses Customer Personal Information
OANDA may use Personal Information of current and former customers as necessary to:
- Positively identify and determine eligibility of customers opening accounts;
- Evaluate whether currency trading is suitable for each customer;
- Complete bank deposits and withdrawals,
- Effect, administer or enforce transactions requested or authorised by the customer, and
- Maintain or service the customer’s account with OANDA.
Personal Information collected online may be combined with other information customers provide to OANDA in hard copy or through the OANDA help desk. OANDA will not use or disclose or sell, rent or lease any Personal Information about its customers or former customers to any third parties except as stated in this Policy. Personal Information may be transferred across national borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and customer data management.
D. Disclosure of Customer Personal Information
OANDA may disclose Personal Information of current and former customers to affiliated and non-affiliated third party entities in the following cases:
- to OANDA’s business partners that perform services on OANDA’s behalf under written agreements which restrict use of Personal Information to the limited purposes for which it is provided to them and to refrain from further use or disclosure except as permitted by law;
- to OANDA affiliates, who are permitted to disclose and use the information only to the extent that OANDA may disclose and use the information under this Policy;
- in the ordinary course of business to OANDA’s attorneys, accountants and auditors;
- to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest relating to the customer's account;
- to persons acting in a fiduciary, representative, or attorney capacity in relation to an account;
- to protect against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- to government, regulatory or law enforcement agencies to the extent permitted or required by law, or to comply with applicable legal requirements;
- to any FSA regulated individual who is seeking to obtain a reference on your account or persons we believe to be seeking a credit reference in good faith; or
- to comply with civil, criminal or regulatory investigations, or judicial process, summons or warrant by appropriate EU or UK authorities.
E. Permission to Disclose Personal Information
F. Customer Recourse
Any concerns a customer may have regarding OANDA’s privacy policies or specific complaints about how customer Personal Information has been collected, used or disclosed should be forwarded in writing to OANDA’s Privacy Officer. OANDA will thoroughly investigate the compliant and will take whatever actions are warranted and notify the customer once this has been done.
G. Digital Privacy and Security
H. Links to non-OANDA websites
I. Notification of Policy and Policy Changes
You acknowledge that you will be providing personal information to OANDA Europe within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 when making an application to become a Client and otherwise from time to time. You consent to OANDA Europe and its Associates processing that personal information for the purposes of establishing and administering an account in respect of the OANDA Europe and otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Statement. OANDA will not collect more Personal Information than is required to open and operate customers’ accounts, and to comply with regulatory compliance and other legal obligations.
K. Contact Us:
We will never ask you for security information such as passwords over the phone or by email. If you receive a call or email which you are not sure has come from OANDA Europe, please contact us at email@example.com.