Visual Experience Designer/ Developer, Kraków
Who We AreOANDA Corporation is an innovator in computer engineering and financial modeling that provides Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations; portfolio managers to financial institutions. We are a market maker and a trusted source for currency data with one of the world's largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases. We move billions of dollars a day (10 times more money than Paypal!!) in a market with daily capitalization of $4 trillion, dwarfing both the US bond and equity markets!! We continue to experience tremendous growth since our start in 1996, providing unprecedented opportunities for our employees to redefine the forex market with new products we create. Our products are only as good as those who create them, so we look for highly intelligent, innovative, dedicated professionals who think outside the box and love to invent creative solutions that ensure our nimbleness, adaptability and responsiveness to our constantly changing environment. We offer a culture of openness and transparency under the leadership of world-renowned computer science and economics experts. OANDA Canada’s head office is located in the heart of the entertainment district with convenient access to public transit and other downtown Toronto amenities. OANDA continues to expand its global presence with offices in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, China, India, Japan, Poland and Australia.
Who You AreYou are a Visual Experience Designer/Developer with a UI focus, who is passionate about creating the best experience for users in the digital space. You have 2 - 5 years of experience and enjoy the challenge of solving user experience issues inherent to building applications for the web and mobile space.
As a Visual Experience Designer/Developer - you will be part of our UX/UI Team but with a focus on helping to translate the teams’ designs into React Native code components. You will have a passion for understanding users and how they interact with digital products. As well as designing the user flow and interfaces for trading applications, you will be expected to conduct usability research and gather results for further analysis. You will be involved in the definition, design and development of new features where performance and user experience must be world class. You are a team player who enjoys working and brainstorming with other designers, programmers, and managers. You’re also a self starter who enjoys learning about the latest design trends and tools of the UX/UI industry.
In this role, you will:
- Design and create a consistent and user friendly experience across all OANDA’s trading platforms
- Be the bridge between design and development by creating reusable front-end components that can be used by designers within Framer and developers within live production code.
- Have a passion for understanding users and how they interact with digital products
- Contribute innovative ideas which will build upon OANDA’s award-winning trading platforms
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes and final designs showing the user flow and interface
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, project managers and product managers
- Build and conduct usability testing sessions to ensure the proposed user experience meets user expectations
- Create documentation for user experience and design guidelines
- 2 - 5 years experience specializing in web, mobile, interaction design, and development
- Expert level use of at least one of the following tools: Sketch, Framer, Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, to build visual design prototypes
- Experience with React Native or React.js using typescript (or similar)
- Understanding of WCAG and how to apply best practices
- Experience with Storybook
- Strong conceptualization and visual communication ability
- Strong design and production skills with great attention to detail
- Experience and understanding of user interface and visual design patterns
- A high personal standard when it comes to user experience and interface design and usability
- A passion for all technologies especially in the web and mobile space
- Experience in UX/UI Design, and strong focus on UI
- Experience in fintech
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience in data visualization
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.