Treasury Analyst, Singapore
Job DescriptionTreasury AnalystRole SummaryReporting to the Treasury Manager, the Treasury Analyst is responsible for all aspects of Treasury including assisting with the company’s cash management, cash forecasting, corporate FX hedging and investment policies and procedures. The Treasury Analyst is to ensure that an efficient banking structure and payment provider network is implemented to support the company’s global operations. The Analyst will also be involved in various operational and strategic projects.Specific Duties
- Global execution, reporting and analysis related to cash management, short term investments, banking and foreign exchange. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining relationships with banks, daily cash positioning, bank account management, foreign exchange contracts, month end accounting analysis and treasury systems integration.
- Prepare daily global cash report by entity and currency and ensure all excess cash balances are being invested optimally. Manage worldwide cash, within policy, consistent with global liquidity needs for business operations, capital projects and acquisitions.
- Perform corporate FX hedging to minimize foreign currency exposures on the company’s balance sheet, investment in subsidiaries and operating expenses.
- Develop a strong internal control framework around cash management
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in addressing and providing solutions to problems/issues arising from daily treasury operations.
- Conduct various treasury projects including, but not limited to, improving routine operations, meeting management requirements, troubleshooting and implementing treasury systems.
- Review and improve upon the global bank account structure and all related fees and services.
- Develop and maintain a model to forecast the Company’s interest income and interest expense.
- Provide input for monthly summaries of the economic outlook and track and monitor credit ratings and counter-party risks.
- Manage month-end and quarter-end reporting requirements and assist with financial statement disclosures for treasury related activities.
- Perform general treasury financial analysis, complete special projects and support audit requests, as required.
- Ensure regulatory filings are completed in a timely basis and ensure customer cash accounts are appropriately segregated.
- Assist with the opening of new bank accounts or setup of new relationships with payment providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 3 - 5 years of experience in finance, accounting or treasury (or combination thereof);
- Comprehensive knowledge of treasury and banking systems;
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, treasury and financing techniques and GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS) would be an asset.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to confidently present reports and recommendations to management in both verbal and written format.
- Full professional proficiency in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, regulations and related matters would be an asset
- The ability to stay current with the business and economic realities of the market place.