Technical Product Manager, Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
The Technical Product Manager will be a vital member of the Engineering team driving the product from ideation to launch successfully.
- Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the TPM will partner with Business Product Managers, Project Managers and other Engineering Team Leads to deliver the product.
- Drive products related to Infrastructure, APIs, Cloud Management and other technologies for both internal and external customers.
- Facilitate the design and architecture of APIs and infrastructure within the team.
- Lead Scrum meetings, create user stories, gather requirements, conduct dependency analysis and create roadmaps and proof-of-concepts.
- Lead communication and partnerships with the leadership team and engineering teams.
- Improve business processes, derive actionable insights and implement continuous improvements to the products.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience delivering technical products/projects in multi-functional teams consisting of Program Managers, Product Managers, Developers and Business Owners.
- Deep understanding of technical platforms, and internal and party API interfaces.
- Ability to establish goals, scope and strategy; ability to plan, organize, coordinate and launch products.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with multiple technical team leads; ability tounderstand business needs and translate them into technical requirements.
- You are highly competent in managing all phases of project management, including issue and risk identification and management, change management; tracking dependencies and achievements and communicating overall project status.
- An ambitious spirit who can drive innovation independently and have a passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in software development
- Experience in Capital markets experience, especially in Foreign Exchange, Futures or other OTC products
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.