Team Lead, Full-Stack (React Native/ Node.js), Toronto
This is an exciting new opportunity to lead a team of React Native and Node.js developers to help create our next generation trading platform. If you enjoy working with Product and UX as a cohesive agile team to deliver powerful experiences to customers, this is the role for you. Your contribution will impact thousands of customers who trade billions of dollars in volume every day. Not only will you play a key part in building an award winning trading platform, but you’ll have the chance to evolve Engineering at OANDA as you do it; teams are standardizing on React Native to enable sharing components, allowing us to create a more tightly integrated user experience than ever before. OANDA has a culture of passionate people who love using technology, so come be a part of shaping the future of trading!
- Deliver new features for our new trading platform across mobile and web using React Native.
- Maintain our existing classic desktop and web platforms, a key revenue driver for the company, until the new trading platform rollout is complete.
- Expand the team by interviewing and hiring new developers.
- Provide technical guidance to your developers.
- Mentor your developers through regular 1-1s.
- Plug into the team’s existing agile process and look for ways to improve it.
- Participate and contribute to architecture discussions, being proactive in driving the technical success of the trading platforms outside of normal product development work.
- Collaborate with Product to gather requirements and generate user stories for your team.
- Collaborate with UX on designs, communicating what’s possible given technical constraints, and making suggestions to create the best customer experience.
- Collaborate with your developers, giving constructive feedback in code reviews.
- Collaborate with other team leads to deliver on cross-team initiatives.
Qualities for Success
- You care about both technical and people leadership.
- You understand that sometimes wearing multiple hats is required to get the job done.
- You want to foster a high performing team culture by focusing on ownership, continuous learning, and delivery.
- You value agile and have a scrum master mindset.
- You feel you can maximize your team’s impact with a leadership style that empowers your developers to own their own success.
- Experience leading a software development team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using React Native to build cross-platform applications.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience creating microservices using Node.js.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions.