Talent Acquisition Team Lead, Toronto
Talent Acquisition Team Lead (Toronto)
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Team Lead to join OANDA’s Global Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Global Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Team Lead will be responsible for leading a small team responsible for end-to-end recruitment within our America’s, Europe and Asia Pacific Regions. The ideal candidate will assume responsibility for direct end to end recruitment within the America’s, Europe and Asia Pacific and will be responsible for sourcing candidates for both technical and business roles.
Working with a global team of Talent Acquisition Partners, external recruiting agencies and campus recruiting departments, the Talent Acquisition Team Lead will ensure we are hiring the best possible talent and that a talent pipeline is developed to respond quickly to changing business requirements.
- Lead Toronto based Talent Acquisition Partner and Sourcing Specialist in managing full life-cycle recruitment across all functional areas, positions, and locations. Coach team members to deliver excellent results and an excellent client and candidate experience.
- Liaise with hiring managers to identify hiring needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills to meet hiring plan timelines.
- Provide professional support and advice on talent acquisition to departmental managers/team leads and advise on best practice recruitment and selection.
- Prepare job postings, decide how and where jobs will be posted, work on creative solutions to recruitment, especially if it is proving to be problematic.
- Screen applications, shortlist applicants, devise and implement search strategy, selection processes and lead search from requirements through to offer discussions.
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate
- Be the Talent Acquisition subject matter expert for all areas of the business that you source for
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of sourcing plans and implementation, including post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams.
- Manage the presentation, selection, offer, closing, and administrative components involved in full lifecycle recruiting
- Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies (i.e. career fairs, meetups, networking events, etc.)
- Creatively source high calibre candidates by maximizing internet resources, direct calling, employee referrals, and other resource tools.
- Track analytical data regarding all facets of the hiring process, to include sourcing effectiveness, offer rate, accept rate, and other analysis as needed
- Working in coordination with People Partners and Hiring Managers, negotiate compensation packages
- Partner with Marketing Specialist Employer Branding to develop and communicate OANDA’s value proposition to attract top talent and to develop a employer brand strategy to enhance OANDA’s online presence related to recruitment to drive interest in employment at OANDA as an employer of choice
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in best recruiting practices
- Reinforce OANDA’s commitment to providing fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices that
are also aligned with OANDA’s Values.
- University degree in Business or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience conducting technical and business hiring requirements
- 7+ years recruitment experience in a combination of corporate and agency environments
- Experience managing people or project groups an asset
- Dynamic, creative, high energy individual with extensive experience in full lifecycle recruitment
- Demonstrated experience working with an ATS
- Ability to manage competing demands while remaining adaptable and flexible
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and work effectively with cross-functional teams while remaining decisive and displaying sound judgement
- Experience in the financial or technology sectors an asset
- An independent, self-directed individual who is not afraid to make decisions to develop, execute and deliver on an assigned strategy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills combined with the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly, identify key messaging for different audiences and work with a team to weave these into compelling communications pieces
- A critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, develop workflows, project plans and delegate accordingly to ensure projects meet the agreed upon deadlines
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, thriving in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A highly detailed individual with the ability to multitask and execute with precision
- Ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and work effectively with cross-functional teams while remaining decisive and displaying sound judgment
- Solid analytical, quantitative, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)