Software Engineer (UI/Front-End), Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
As a Software Engineer (UI/Front-End), you will:
- Develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React
- Carefully implement designs to pixel-perfection standards from a defined design system
- Review others’ code to ensure all the best standards are met
- Bring new ideas to the table that improve user experience and the dev workflow
- Work closely with product and UX to drive new projects
- Migrate legacy code to modern frameworks
- Take part in decision making about the systems components
- Create common company solutions in React-Native
- 1+ years of experience working with any modern frontend framework as React, Angular or Vue (React preferably)
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Familiarity with MaterialUI, Styled Components and Storybook
- Experience with package managers like npm/yarn and build tools like Webpack
- You understand how the browsers work and strive to keep the apps lightweight
- A solid foundation in Computer Science
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Experience with Automated testing (TestCafe, Cypress or Nightwatch)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Proven experience as a front-end developer
- Experience migrating legacy (Angular or jQuery) apps to modern frameworks
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code
- A good visual and aesthetic sense
- An obsession with making your apps fast, smooth and pixel-perfect
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Base knowledge of GCP Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes
- A small team of highly-motivated and talented engineers.
- A friendly and collaborative company with an open office environment.
- An agile development shop in a growing, profitable company
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.