Software Engineer (NodeJS), Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a software engineer with experience in building cloud based, scalable NodeJS microservices which will serve as a backbone of our new product offering. You’ll be joining an engineering team tasked with developing the next generation Trading Platform and work alongside React Native engineers with a team of architects as part of a larger development organisation.
We are a highly agile group of people working towards the same goal of providing the best client experience possible. The team consists of engineers working from Toronto and Krakow. We believe that our experience, passion and industry knowledge will ensure OANDA's Trading Platform success and the prosperity of our customers.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code,
- Design, develop and maintain NodeJS (Apollo Server) applications,
- Work towards implementing low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant APIs,
- Promote cloud first development,
- Share your knowledge and best practices with the team,
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures,
- Contribute to all stages of the software development cycle,
- Improve our production monitoring and alert system,
- Take part in the SCRUM process with other SCRUM teams in the organization.
- Production experience with NodeJS microservices,
- Familiar with Typescript,
- Be comfortable with cloud solutions.
It would be nice if you:
- Were enthusiastic about GraphQL,
- Had commercial experience with GCP,
- Worked with complex microservices,
- Understand basic concepts of React/React Native.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.