Software Engineer in Test, Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you'll work in a new key position, where your efforts will have a noticeable impact on both the company and product. Your initial focus will be on establishing a test automation solution for our customer-facing mobile trading applications. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will share a passion for high-quality software, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills.
- An opportunity to lead in a new position at OANDA.
- Develop new tests and tools for our customer-facing fxTrade mobile and desktop applications.
- Analyze existing complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability, and quality.
- Work with the team on defining best practices and tools.
- Lead by influencing the team’s development process, empowering other developers to incorporate test automation earlier into their development workflows. You understand and advocate for the concept of the test pyramid.
- Grow in your knowledge of testing and CI tools.
- Setup and maintain test environments and test infrastructure
- Become a domain expert in our customer-facing fxTrade applications.
- Collaborate with Product and UX to understand how we can use test automation to ensure new features are reliable and stable.
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner.
- A few years of native iOS and Android experience.
- Experience with React Native is not required but a big bonus.
- Experience with an automated testing framework like Appium.
- Demonstrated experience creating E2E tests.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Our values of openness, boldness, focus and ownership resonate with you.
- You’re a self-starter who will thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.