Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer - React & Python, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
Who we are and What we do:
The Activation team is a group of talented engineers working on the user registration system used by OANDA to onboard customers from all over the globe. We build and support the front end and the middleware stacks used for onboarding of both practice and live trading accounts. Our user registration system has many complex flows supporting 9 languages and 7 financial regulatory regions. We work with our design, data analytics, sales, compliance and marketing teams and strive to deliver an engaging and intuitive onboarding process. Our team works on every aspect of this delivery process, from building interactive dynamic application forms in React, to making scalable APIs in Python, to working on Terraform scripts used to deploy application changes to GCP.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code.
- Design and develop scalable, responsive dynamic web applications in React and Python.
- Migrate our applications to GCP.
- Improve our CI/CD solutions with automated testing and deployment.
- Improve our monitoring and alert system.
- 3+ years of development experience with Python using Django or similar frameworks.or3+ years of development experience in using React
- Good understanding of all parts of the web application stack.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent debugging skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with CloudFlare or other CDNs, GCP or other cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.