Senior Software Engineer (Frontend Mentor), Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
Who we are
We are a team of 7 engineers, cooperating closely with the same size team in Toronto. We build applications that help onboard our new clients so they can start using our trading platform. The team consists of frontend, fullstack and backend engineers. We work with React.js, TypeScript, CSS/ HTML, but also with some Angular and React Native. Backend developers code in Python using mostly Flask and Django frameworks.
What you'll do:
- Be the architect of all front-end applications developed by the team
- Mentor other engineers on the team who are looking to develop their front-end skills
- Carefully implement designs to pixel-perfection standards from a defined design system
- Develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React
- Bring new ideas to the table that improve user experience and the development workflow
- Work closely with product and UX to drive new projects
- Familiarity with MaterialUI, Styled Components and Storybook
- Experience with package managers like npm/yarn and build tools like Webpack
- Experience with Automated testing (TestCafe, Cypress or Nightwatch)
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience migrating legacy (Angular or jQuery) apps to modern frameworks
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.