Senior Software Engineer (C++), Kraków
We’re looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer with experience as a developer and architect of C++ applications. You’ll be joining the OANDA engineering team that owns the backend of a renowned trading platform used by our customers to analyse global currency markets and trade forex and CFDs. Your contributions will impact the thousands of customers who trade billions of dollars in volume on our platform every day. You’ll also leverage the latest technologies to build and deploy our systems.
The Backend Team works with modern C++ and Python to build high performing and reliable solutions enabling our customers to trade more effectively while improving profitability for the company through our in-house risk management system.
As our Sr. Backend Engineer you will:
- Work within a Linux environment to research, design, test, implement, deploy, and maintain online and backend trading and data services infrastructure applications.
- Collaborate closely with OANDA’s business and technical leadership to understand business requirements and with development team members to design and implement applications, systems, and programs.
- Shepherd releases from creation to release, including maintenance and improvement of our CI/CD pipelines.
As our new Backend Engineer you will bring:
- A university degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field and possibly a graduate degree.
- A strong interest in teamwork combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- The ability to promote your own continuous learning by feeding new ideas back through the team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work with changing priorities.
In terms of technical skills, we’d like you to have:
- Solid application development experience using C++
- Experience developing applications using Python
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
- The ability to write well-documented, clean code And, we’re also hoping you have experience with:
○ Linux operating systems
○ CI/CD and deployment automation
○ Microservices and REST architecture
○ Java and Scala
○ Prometheus and Grafana
If you think you’re a good fit for us, we’d love to talk to you. Please reach out.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.