Senior Site Reliability Engineer, London
OANDA is looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer to apply software development principles and practices to solve difficult operations problems.
As an SRE, you will be embedded in one of our development teams, acting as the champion for reliability best-practices including observability, automation, high-availability, fault tolerance, and full-lifecycle ownership. The perfect candidate for this role has a strong data-driven approach improving the performance of our products in on-premise and cloud environments.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong experience working in cloud-native and on-premise environments, in bare metal, virtualized (VM), and containerized / orchestrated deployments (AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Anthos, Cloudflare)
- Experience working with any infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Helm, etc.);
- Experience with incident response and security-focused mindset;
- Tap into your passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes (toil) using automation. Draft playbooks, and conduct tabletop and chaos engineering exercises to avoid operational underload and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Solve difficult performance and reliability problems. Perform code review for your development peers to ensure reliability, observability, and security are key pillars of our work.
- Collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to set and maintain Service level Objectives (SLOs) and metrics that are representative of our customer experience.
- Participate in a cross-functional on-call rotation to support the team's code into production. PArticipate in on-call rotation, lead the blameless post-mortem process, and feed remediation tasks back into the development pipeline.
- Articulate the SRE ethos to your peers and stakeholders and help educate your colleagues the application of SRE principles to achieve a healthy balance of new feature development and reliability initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience as a software developer, or in an SRE-related field; a solid development background andunderstanding of software development practices is necessary to be successful in this role.
- The best candidates will have experience working in cloud-native and on-premise environments, in bare metal, virtualized (VM), and containerized / orchestrated deployments.
What is our application process? Design to the current mobile first environment- video calls and the possibility of using LinkedIn profile instead of resume Let us know you!
OANDA’s vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative andaward-winning solutions. Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rateinformation on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneerthe development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade thefinancial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage,we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamicenvironment. We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations.