Senior Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), London
Senior SEO Manager
We’re looking for an experienced SEO Manager to lead Oanda’s organic search strategy and create sustainable growth in traffic across multiple owned channels.
- Drive high-volume organic search growth across multiple OANDA properties and geos.
- Develop and execute a data-driven, innovative, measurable and accountable SEO strategy.
- Create effective SEO internal and external team structure and processes to effectively execute the SEO strategy at pace.
- Planning and management of a substantial global SEO budget.
- Develop and drive a data-led, scalable, creative SEO content strategy to capture search demand throughout user journey and across multi-channel.
- Manage and optimise SEO tools and tech
- Collaborate with other performance marketing team leads to ensure SEO strategy is aligned with overall SEM strategy.
- Create, prioritise and deliver the technical SEO backlog in conjunction with the in-house product and development teams.
- Manage SEO agencies - briefing, creative validation, etc and drive the agency on creating, optimising and reporting on SEO campaigns
- Continually optimise performance through a thorough reviewing performance, analysing Google updates, etc using a number of SEO monitoring tools.
- Keep abreast of SEM industry trends and developments, understanding of how SEO and SEM contributes to the overall marketing mix.
- Ensure out-going comms with PR and Social Media teams are SEO optimised, proactively seek out collaboration and amplification opportunities, leverage those channels to benefit organic acquisition performance.
- Responsibility for driving ASO initiatives across a range of internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with regional commercial leads and sales teams to exploit growth opportunities and create competitive advantages in-market.
- Working with martech and central Analytics team to create operational and commercial reporting suite with ability to attribute contribution of organic channels to overall acquisition and client revenue.
- Provide regular performance reports for senior management and proactively implement corrective action where necessary
Reporting to this position
One direct report
Qualifications and experience
- 4 – 5+ years proven experience in Search Engine Optimisation, working on large scale, multi-lingual websites in both a technical and content capacity
- Global experience in highly regulated markets. Financial services or Gaming industry experience preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent numeracy, analytical, forecasting and negotiating skills.
- Effective stakeholder relationship management skills and senior management communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO tactics, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
- Demonstrable experience consulting on website audits, backlinks and migrations
- Absolute proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
- Full understanding of Google Search Console, Screamingfrog/Botify/Deepcrawl, Confluence and similar applications
- Google Analytics IQ certification
- Demonstrable experience in HTML/JS/CSS
- Proven experience in understanding, tracking and improving leading indicators of SEO success
- Proven experience in Outreach and content optimisation strategy and delivery
- Strong expertise in the latest Google algorithms and their impact on SEO performance
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets (an understanding of SQL is desirable)
- Demonstratable experience in mobile SEO and strategy
- Ability to clearly communicate complex requirements to a range of audiences and stakeholders
- Play an active role in the key stakeholder meetings, championing the important role of native content distribution in digital marketing.
- Highly analytical, good understanding of funnel metrics, ability to test data integrity, and link data back to customer behaviour
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to convey and concise
- Clear track record of operational success and great execution
- Understanding of cross- channel marketing concepts desirable
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.