Senior Fullstack Developer, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
Who we are and What we do:
We are a small team of talented engineers working on the public facing OANDA website (www.oanda.com). We build and support the entire infrastructure used to deliver content to visitors of our website. This website receives over 10 million views a month. We work with our design and content teams to deliver an informative and engaging website experience in multiple languages and locales throughout the world. Our team works on every aspect of this delivery pipeline, from building new reusable modules in Wagtail, to working on nginx configurations, to updating Terraform scripts used to configure our CDN.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code.
- Help us simplify our legacy web architecture, deprecate redundant components and champion the move to the cloud.
- Design and develop scalable, responsive dynamic web applications in Wagtail/Django.
- Improve our CI/CD solutions with automated testing and deployment.
- Champion best practices in coding for maintainability and reusability.
- Implement solutions to significantly improve time to market and self-serviceability of our websites, web applications and external APIs.
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and release cycles.
- Support Ops teams during large time sensitive deployments.
- Independently analyze problems and develop creative solutions.
- Mentor junior developers and interns and help them grow as engineers.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- 5+ years of software development experience in Python, working with a framework such as Django.
- Strong understanding of modern web application architecture, experience with CloudFlare or other CDNs, GCP or other cloud computing platforms.
- Strong understanding of Web Application Security and common attack vectors.
- Strong understanding of how to design fault-tolerant, resilient and highly-available applications
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- A solid foundation in Computer Science/Engineering
- Knowledge of SQL, data normalization, indices, and comfortable with complex joins
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience developing modules for Content Management Systems like Wagtail.
- Experience with Nginx, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.