Senior Frontend Developer, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world,enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Who we are
We're a small Scrum team of engineers, working with modern technologies, such as TypeScript, React, Java Spring and Google Cloud Platform. We’re creating a new internal platform to enable our trading team to manage products we offer and our exposure within the financial market. We’re currently tasked with migration of existing solutions from on-prem to GCP.
We’re looking for an experienced frontend developer, who is a team player, passionate about new technologies and eager to constantly learn new things. Your main area of focus will be development of the React application and contributing to our internal set of reusable frontend components.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features using React and GraphQL with Apollo Client.
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code
- Contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Monitor and maintain the health of our apps running in production (bugs, crashes, performance, etc)
Qualifications / Skills:
- Firm grasp of the TypeScript language and modern React
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Experience with GIT
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Experience with CI/CD
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.