Senior Data Scientist, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
- Is a cross-functional Data team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers and business reporting analysts spanning the globe
- Works on analytics project based on the company's business requirements on different domain such as NLP and time series prediction and analysis
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in SQL, Python, R, scikit-learn, Google Cloud BigQuery, Java and C++ and are always prototyping new technologies
Who You Are:
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with great people in energetic and open company culture. You enjoy collaborating across many different disciplines within a company to help drive towards a common goal. You’re as passionate about building efficient solutions and driving high-level impact to the business. You’re curious about what makes a company succeed; to you, data is not just the answer, but a means to ask more questions.
- Build statistical, predictive, and machine learning models
- Collection, review, perform cleansing and reporting of data
- Help our Marketing, Strategy, Product, Sales, Customer Service, and Trading teams drive growth in the business
- Develop data-oriented solutions to help solve complex business problems
- Create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
- Take part in planning sessions, where we develop use cases and requirements for analytical solutions based on data
- Bachelor, Master’s or Ph.D. degree (Statistics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a related field preferred)
- Experience using Python, SQL, databases, and visualization tools
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in time series modeling, developing custom algorithms, and Machine Learning
- Familiarity with GCP, AWS, Azure, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills in English
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Big Data technologies (such as Spark), and unstructured data
- Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as R
We Value Our People:
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.