Senior Data Analyst (Python, SQL) , Kraków
OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- Work on an award-winning platform that processes billions of dollars every day.
- Be on a team that’s responsible for company-wide top priority projects.
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers.
- Improve yourself and your team through education and continuous learning.
Role Summary: Translate the work of the Analytics function into findings for application by the broader business, including for use in strategic decision making and planning. Implement analytical approaches and methodologies and assist in the interpretation of results. Drive conversations with the business on data best practices, set up control groups and educate on structured analysis ensuring maximum value can be extracted from any tests being run by the business.
- Advanced and Predictive Analytics: Run advanced and predictive analyses and perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activities, using predictive analytics' software tools and functionalities.
- Data and Analytics Strategy: Make recommendations to improve data and analytics systems and platforms, contributing to the continuous improvement and refinement of data and analytics strategy.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends.
- Business Requirements Identification: Collect business requirements and guide business to appropriate metrics to use to evaluate performance.
- Insights and Reporting: Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports.
- Performance Improvement through Data: Create complex algorithms that identify patterns in structured data. Partner with different business stakeholders and internal clients to ensure the collection of data in accordance with model standards.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, asks questions to encourage others to think differently and enrich their analyses of complex situations. Accurately defines the key elements of complex, ambiguous situations.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, uses metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to make methods productive and efficient. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, encourages coworkers and external partners to work together as a team, and makes sure they get credit for doing so. Encourages people to share their honest views, responds in a non-defensive way when they do.
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. For example, takes timely action on important or difficult issues. Identifies and pursues new opportunities that benefit the organization.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Planning and Organizing: Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Data Control: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on acquiring, organizing, protecting and processing data to fulfill business objectives.
- Policy and procedures: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Reporting: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- General Experience:
- Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (minimum 4 years of commercial experience)
- Be able to translate complicated business requests into actionable and understandable data insights.
- Have significant experience working in both SQL (advanced) and Python (intermediate)
- Have experience working within Finance or FinTech industries.
- Have worked in, and with, Google Cloud/BigQuery/BigData or other cloud technology.
- Have worked with enterprise business intelligences platforms such as Tableau, Domo or MicroStrategy, with Domo as an asset.
- General Education: University degree in numerate discipline (desirable) or compensating work experience
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Learn more about our culture here
Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube