Senior Counsel , Kraków
In this role you will provide general legal counsel in respect of daily matters undertaken by a global and multidisciplinary legal team supporting a retail broker, with a principal focus on contracts, corporate, data privacy and other regulatory matters (such as anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance, know-your-client policies). Your principal goal will be to become a trusted and proactive contributor to our business, efficiently working with our commercial, compliance, human resources and legal teams in concluding business agreements while ensuring those agreements comply with applicable laws and our company procedures and actively helping our company manage legal risk.
- Support of Compliance Function - Further develop subject-matter expertise in matters undertaken by the company’s compliance department, such as seeking to ensure compliance with sanctions and anti-money laundering regimes, following developments in know-your-client requirements on a global basis, and supporting the compliance team with respect to other matters under its responsibility.
- Data Privacy - Further develop and monitor policies and standards applicable to the business and in compliance with the data privacy regulations (including GDPR).
- Policies and Procedures - Providing legal support to other departments in drafting and reviewing policies and procedures on a global basis to seek to ensure compliance with laws and regulations across jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- Contracts and Corporate Governance - Carry out contract negotiation and organization, as well as corporate governance support tasks.
- Legal Research - Conduct legal research related to laws and regulations relating to OANDA’s business, with a concentration on compliance-related issues, and provide analysis and recommendations based on that research.
- General Legal Support - Fulfilling other tasks (including employment law) as directed in support of a multijurisdictional and complex legal function.
- Strong Communication Skills - Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to interact regularly with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Commercial Acumen - Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Planning and Organizing - Works without supervision to plan, organize and prioritize diverse and time-sensitive activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Policy and Regulation - Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to interpret and apply knowledge of laws, regulations and policies.
- Law degree from top tier law school and member of a relevant bar association.
- 5-8 years experience in a law firm or legal department in a financial institution.
- Experience with FX, derivatives and cryptocurrency trading from a commercial, legal and regulatory perspective will be an advantage.
- Regulatory experience in financial services.
- Public company experience is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Polish.
OANDA is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.