Senior Counsel / Counsel, Kraków
In this role you will provide general legal counsel in respect of daily matters undertaken by a global and multidisciplinary legal team supporting a retail broker, with a principal focus on contracts, corporate, data privacy and other regulatory matters (such as anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance, know-your-client policies). Your principal goal will be to become a trusted and proactive contributor to our business, efficiently working with our commercial, compliance, human resources and legal teams in concluding business agreements while ensuring those agreements comply with applicable laws and our company procedures and actively helping our company manage legal risk.
OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- Work on an award-winning platform that processes billions of dollars every day.
- Be on a team that’s responsible for company-wide top priority projects.
- Deliver reliable software on an agile team striving for continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews.
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers.
- Improve yourself and your team through education and continuous learning.
By the end of 3 months you will
- Support of Compliance Function - Further develop subject-matter expertise in matters undertaken by the company’s compliance department, such as seeking to ensure compliance with sanctions and anti-money laundering regimes, following developments in know-your-client requirements on a global basis, and supporting the compliance team with respect to other matters under its responsibility.
- Data Privacy - Further develop and monitor policies and standards applicable to the business and in compliance with the data privacy regulations (including GDPR).
- Policies and Procedures - Providing legal support to other departments in drafting and reviewing policies and procedures on a global basis to seek to ensure compliance with laws and regulations across jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- Contracts and Corporate Governance - Carry out contract negotiation and organization, as well as corporate governance support tasks.
- Legal Research - Conduct legal research related to laws and regulations relating to OANDA’s business, with a concentration on compliance-related issues, and provide analysis and recommendations based on that research.
- General Legal Support - Fulfilling other tasks (including employment law) as directed in support of a multijurisdictional and complex legal function.
- Law degree from top tier law school and member of a relevant bar association.
- 5-8 years experience in a law firm or legal department in a financial institution.
- Experience with FX, derivatives and cryptocurrency trading from a commercial, legal and regulatory perspective will be an advantage.
- Regulatory experience in financial services.
- Fluency in English and Polish.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Learn more about our culture here
Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube