Senior Compliance Analyst, Sydney
Job description – SENIOR COMPLIANCE ANALYST
Reporting in to the Head of Compliance OANDA Australia (Pty) Limited (OAU) and Head of Compliance OANDA Global Markets Limited (OGM) , this role is responsible for delivering the Compliance monitoring program for both of the OANDA divisions to ensure that controls are functioning as designed and that procedures are being followed correctly in accordance with the regulations that govern the industry in Australia and the British Virgin Islands (BVI) . The role is also responsible for the monitoring of the compliance obligations under OANDA Australia’s AFS license and OGM’s FSC licence. The Senior Compliance Analyst will have the primary responsibility for the identification, analysis, mapping, and management of key regulatory risk across the organisation including testing of the controls and procedures in place to mitigate regulatory and operational risk.
- Maintain a compliance monitoring framework that adheres to internal policies and procedures and to all external regulatory legislation for activities within Australia.
- Assist in the oversight of AML /CTF requirements for Australia and the BVI, ensuring compliance with required standards and operating practices. Ensure that ongoing monitoring is working effectively.
- Complete reviews designed to assess controls on financial crime (anti-money laundering, KYC, sanctions, transactions monitoring and market abuse. Report and escalate any deficiencies in controls and work on remediation of any identified deficiencies.
- Complete reviews on client classification, information disclosures, client communications, financial promotions and all other marketing material. Ensure that these comply with current regulatory guidance.
- Monitor Compliance and operational risk in accordance with the Risk Management statement.
- Prepare monitoring reports for review by the OAU and OGM Head of Compliance.
- Implement best execution monitoring for OGM and OAU.
- Responsible for liaison and review of outsourced Transaction Monitoring submissions and reconciliations and the remediation of any identified issues.
- Assist with the review and update of key Compliance procedures ensuring these are reviewed regularly and are kept up to date with new or amended regulations.
- Maintain breach, training, incident, risk and complaint registers for OAU and OGM.
- Review and test financial regulatory submissions.
- Conduct reviews on client money reconciliation and reporting for OAU and OGM.
- Review and sign-off Chinese language marketing and advertising material for compliance.
- Assist in the education and training of staff in the Australian and other country offices that provide services to OAU and OGM.
- Review affiliate and IB processes in OAU and OGM. Ensure internal policies and regulations are adhered to.
- Monitor sales and RM calls to ensure these are in line with internal policies and compliant with our licencing restrictions.
- Periodic risk analysis reviews and risk assessments.
- Perform any other compliance related duties as required under OAU and OGM’s licenses.
Experience and skills required
- Relevant degree in Finance, Risk or Law.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in risk and compliance monitoring or advisory role.
- Excellent understanding of compliance processes, policies and plans, and risk management.
- Significant knowledge in the Australian regulatory landscape of ASIC, AUSTRAC and AFCA.
- Commercial acumen, be a team player, demonstrate initiative and have well developed written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organised and customer focused with effective time management skills.
- Written and spoken Chinese language skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- Sound understanding of financial markets products and OTC derivatives would be highly regarded.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.