We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate and analytical individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
- Is a cross-functional BI/Analytics team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers and business reporting analysts spanning the globe
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting, compliance reporting and other data inquiries
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in the Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python, Java, C++ and are always prototyping new technologies
Reporting to the Director of BI and FP&A Manager, the Senior BI Analyst, will be responsible for ensuring OANDA continues to make sound financial decisions. Your excellent ability to work with large datasets and turning data into actionable insights will provide tremendous value in supporting our senior leaders make key strategic company decisions.
As someone with strong communication and analytical skills, you will also become a trusted business advisor to various internal stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, HR, Sales, Product) by providing thoughtful analysis, reporting and data to support them in making decisions on broad scope of activities that ultimately impacts the bottom line.
You are an analyst who seeks to challenge the status quo and find creative ways to take on big picture challenges. You will apply your analytical rigor and strategic thinking when it comes to dealing with complex issues and concepts to help navigate the organization forward in a fast-paced industry. As part of both the BI and FP&A team, you will contribute to our growing company by taking on responsibilities that consist of planning, forecasting, management reporting and analytics.
Specific responsibilities (but are not limited to) the following:
- Build reports and visualizations (i.e reports, graphics, dashboards that illustrates trends and insights) to effectively communicate data driven insights to users
- Assist in the development of new systems, models, and processes to support the planning, reporting and forecasting activities of the businesses
- Develop tools and delivery training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve dashboards and analytics by non-analytical end users
- Work closely with BI/Analytics team to develop new tools in order to drive scalable analysis and insight
- Document and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive strategy and business direction
- Extract large amount of data and synthesize for easy understanding by management
- Support analysis of competition from a financial and product/service perspective
- Develop solutions and make recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly management reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide analytical support for board meetings and review meetings
- Take initiatives in improving the quality and efficiency of internal reports, including enhancing financial models, dashboards and streamlining analysis and processes
- Run ad hoc analysis as requested by business partners and senior leadership
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Proven track record with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a related role with solid understanding of financial statements
- SaaS and/or financial services industry experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel), and proficiency in SQL with experience in querying, maintaining and analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS) and building dashboards
- Excellent analytical and business modeling skills and some project management experience
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Excellent quantitative, written and presentation skills
- Results orientated with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.