Senior AML Analyst, Malta
Senior AML Analyst (OEM)
Main function of the Role
Based in Malta with an internal reporting line to the local CEO, the Senior AML Analyst will be responsible for the review and approval of incoming client applications and hence ensuring that all required documentation is present, making any administrative changes and updates to client profiles, liaising with other departments and responding to client inquiries in the client’s own language when possible.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Adhere to both MFSA and FIAU and EU laws and regulations.
- Review, assess and verify all incoming documents related to applications.
- Review, assess and verify all incoming documents in relation to professional status applications including the notional value calculation of trades and the assessment of their relevant professional experience and financial portfolio.
- Review, assess and verify all incoming documents in relation to corporate applications including identifying ultimate beneficial ownership, corporate structure and translation of legal documentation.
- Managing your own workload effectively.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Sales, Funds, Compliance and Customer Service departments and respond to requests and queries effectively and promptly.
- Create a strong process workflow and maintain effective communication channels with outsourced agents.
- Maintain an appropriate audit trail and documentation in all instances, to evidence/support the review and assessment of each onboarded applicant.
- Accurately process and enter highly sensitive client information into the system.
- Maintain a well-developed knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements across all OANDA Divisions.
- Responsible for processing administrative requests and updating account details as required.
- Ensuring documentation submitted corresponds and pertains to the appropriate account and client.
- Correspond with clients in a professional and courteous manner with regards to documents, status of accounts.
- Protecting the confidentiality of client information in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Review and investigate suspicious alerts, referring to MLRO/Compliance for guidance where necessary.
Experience /Skills Required
- Experience processing individual and corporate retail applications and assessing client requests for classification as Professional clients.
- Available to work full time with occasional overseas travel.
- Fluency in English and another 2 European languages. Ideally German and Italian.
- 2+ years of work experience, in an account onboarding in the financial services industry.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent decision making, time management and organisational skills.
- Risk recognition, problem solving and close attention to detail.
- Computer proficient with quick and accurate data entry skills.
- Team Player and able to work with remote teams across multiple locations.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with minimal room for error.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).