Senior Accountant, Singapore
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for performing and coordinating the company’s processes related to financial and regulatory reporting, accounts payable, internal controls and annual financial and regulatory audits. This role also ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting for the company and certain of its affiliates plus
- completion of any regulatory reports to ASIC.
- Prepare, monitor, and analyze monthly operating results, including KPIs for measuring financial and
- operating performance of Australia and other APAC regions as needed.
- Preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Liaise with external auditors on financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural
- Keeping the company up to date with changes to ASIC and international accounting requirements
- Maintain day to day banking relationship including system administration and liaising with bank/trustee
- personnel and senior bank officials
- Maintain liaison with regulators. Work with regulators and take appropriate action to address their
- findings and recommendations
- Preparing the GST returns and the annual corporate tax return
- Performing the accounts payable & bank reconciliation functions
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
Accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- 3 + years of experience in an accounting position
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting/forecasting
- Strong knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems,
- Agresso preferable
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects
- A good understanding of the ASIC regulations and International accounting standards, understanding of
- the financial services industry would also be an asset
- Ability to work without local supervision, within an International remote team.
- No direct reports
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.