React Native Developer, Toronto
React Native Software Engineer
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Talented Software Engineers are critical to OANDA’s business success. As a software company, our products are only as good as the people who create them. With that in mind, OANDA looks for highly motivated, innovative, and dedicated technology professionals.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with experience delivering React Native mobile applications. You’ll be joining an engineering team tasked with moving our Android and iOS trading apps to React Native, enabling us to deliver customer value faster and more frequently. Your contribution will impact thousands of customers who trade billions of dollars in volume every day.
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features using React Native
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Transition our existing native apps to React Native by replacing one component at a time
- Provide guidance and pair program with existing native developers as they ramp up on React Native
- Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of our apps running in production (bugs, crashes, performance, etc)
- Help develop and maintain our CI pipeline, releasing apps to the App and Play Stores
- Experience building mobile applications having shipped at least one application to the App Store or Play Store
- Experience using React Native to build cross-platform mobile applications
- Experience working with code bases that use both Native and React Native together
- Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Strong understanding of UI/UX concepts and interface usability, and a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications
- Firm grasp of the TypeScript language
- Experience managing state with Redux
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Familiarity with native build tools: XCode, Gradle (Android Studio), webpack
- Experience with automated testing suites (Jest, XCUITest, Espresso)
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.