Quantitative Developer, Kraków
We are OANDA:
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
- Are you passionate about building lasting and durable data solutions to business problems?
- Do you like solving complex problems, and want to make a palpable difference in a short time frame?
- Do you enjoy turning Big Data into actionable insights?
If so, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Work directly with the Head of Analytics, Manager, Data Science, and Director, Data Engineering turning Data projects into reliable standalone BAU systems
- Be involved with the investigation and analysis of business-driven initiatives
- Work in Python, Java, C++, and Linux, using tools like Kafka, Spark, and Google Cloud Platform technologies like BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Dataflow/Apache Beam, Cloud Composer/Apache Airflow
- Work with the Data Engineering team to ensure sustainability and accuracy of data sources leveraged
- Communicate to senior stakeholders across the business
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 6 years writing production code within the Finance industry
- Have experience architecting large projects
- Have worked in Linux, Python, Java, and SQL
- Have experience working with cloud technology like GCP or AWS
- Is a cross-functional Data team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers, and data analysts spanning the globe
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from broad analysis to global business reporting, compliance reporting, and any other data inquiries
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in the Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python, Java, C++ and are always prototyping new technologies
We Value Our People:
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.