Quantitative Analyst, Kraków
Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day.
Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
Who We Are
We are an international team of 6 Quantitative Analysts, who enhance and build trading models for risk managing client trading flow on OANDA’s trading platforms. In this role, you will be analyzing a large data set with years of client order and price data, with a goal to create new hedging models to generate P/L from trading.
What You’ll do
- Engage in research and analysis relating to our trading business.
- Apply machine learning techniques against large dataset of historical trades and prices.
- Analyze customer trading activity and customer trading patterns.
- Responsible for creating new hedging models for risk managing different client segments.
- Build hedging algorithms to maximize revenue and reduce market risk.
- Assess, select implement new tools and technologies to improve the team’s ability to effectively analyze data.
- A University degree in mathematical finance, computer science or engineering, physics, or a related field. A graduate degree is preferred.
- Financial industry experience.
- Strong application development experience using Python.
- Working knowledge of data manipulation and data validation.
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques, such as gradient-boosted trees and reinforcement learning.
- Ability to work with various internal and third-party APIs and databases for accessing and processing data.
- Experience within a high-frequency trading environment, preferably in a broker/dealer firm, and understanding of FX, CFD, or futures markets
- Experience with using public cloud data platforms. Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- R, Scala, or C++ experience
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.