Python Developer, Kraków
Who We Are:
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world,enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
About the Team:
We are an Agile team with full-stack, frontend and backend engineers focused on constantly improving the funding experience for clients and reporting tools for internal teams.
Join an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together and create a supportive environment where everyone can learn and grow.
The Funding team is responsible for integration with payment providers, allowing customers to deposit, withdraw and transfer funds. Our applications are used by hundreds of thousands of users a day on desktop and mobile devices.
As a Python Developer, you will:
- Develop scalable, responsive web applications based on Python
- Review others’ code to ensure all the best standards are met
- Write regression test cases
- Bring new ideas to the table that improve user experience and the dev workflow
- Work closely with Product and UX to drive new projects
- Migrate legacy code to modern frameworks
- Take part in decision making about the system’s components
- Create common company solutions in Python
- Solid experience as a software engineer using Python
- Experience with Django or Flask frameworks
- An understanding of fault-tolerant, resilient, and highly available applications
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with automated testing suites (Selenium / WebDriver, Cypress, etc.)
- Familiarity with NGINX routing, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud AWS/GCP
- An account on GitHub with samples of your code
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.