Platform Engineer, London
Automation is key. As a member of the Platform Engineering team at OANDA, you are responsible for providing the infrastructure to efficiently and reliably serve our applications to OANDA customers. You will manage the underlying hardware and operating systems to deliver a high-availability, fault-tolerant global platform spanning on-premise and cloud environments. In addition, you will provide a platform for application delivery based on modern orchestration and automation tools to enable the product development teams to quickly and safely deploy, while ensuring continued adherence to OANDA’s security and engineering standards.
Things the team contributes to are listed below. We ask you to feel comfortable in as many as possible:
- Maintain all aspects of OANDA’s on-premise collocation-based compute, storage and networking resources to offer a stable, high-availability on-premise platform-as-a-service.
- Drive a uniform adoption of cloud-native technologies on Google Cloud Platform utilising cutting-edge multi-cluster Kubernetes environments to increase redundancy and resiliency of our applications.
- Create platform-agnostic, reproducible automation in Terraform, Ansible, and Packer to ensure consistency across on-prem and cloud deployments by contributing to our Infrastructure as a Code design.
- Automate system administration of Linux, Windows and Solaris servers and virtual hosts through Perl, Bash, Python, PowerShell, or your language of choice.
- Work with the network engineers on the design and configuration of network solutions such as hardware and software load balancers, firewalls and inter-connectivity and routing between our production environments.
- Deploy modern distributed observability and monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Cortex, DataDog, and Splunk to measure service levels and improve performance and availability of our systems, as well as ensuring the platform is operating within our SLOs..
- Respond to, and resolve production incidents. Contribute detailed feedback to our post mortem process and translate event learnings into infrastructure and application improvements by having a strong bias towards automated recovery.
- Work on cross-functional teams to research and deploy innovative products and technologies that improve our velocity, reliability, and performance
Covid support section
- We are in the new office space which was designed and rebuilt to offer you a secure environment in pandemic time
- Hybrid way of working (remote work + open office)
What is our application process? Design to the current mobile first environment- video calls and the possibility of using LinkedIn profile instead of resume Let us know you!