People Operations Coordinator , Toronto
People Operations Coordinator
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join OANDA’s Global People & Talent team. The People Operations Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and performing a variety of HR processes and tasks including employee record-keeping, system administration, onboarding, human resources administration and reporting. The successful candidate has a keen eye for detail, is tech-savvy and is adept at handling sensitive employee and company information, which requires them to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The People Operations Coordinator will interact regularly with other People functions within OANDA’s global offices including Talent Acquisition, People Partners, Talent Development and Payroll.
Employee Experience & People Operations
- Support at all levels of the employee life cycle by acting as the first point of contact for all HR inquiries, triaging the people inbox, and providing hands-on support in various ways
- Own the HRIS platform including adding new employees, maintaining the org chart & Ping board
- Initiate and monitor the administration of onboarding and/or offboarding processes to ensure that all processes are completed accurately, efficiently, and on time.
- Prepare moderately complex documents using a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc people data and reporting for finance and people operations.
- Administration support to HR Compliance Programs including background check program, internal audit, policies and controls.
- Lead Health and Safety Committee representative within the America’s Region.
- Supports adhoc projects and duties as assigned
Learning & Development Support
- Respond to inquiries about internal development programs
- Administration of LMS
- Work with the Learning & Development partner to assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field
- Possesses or is currently working towards CHRP designation
- 1 – 3 years previous experience in Human Resources
- Previous experience using HRIS system(s)
- Strong MR Office skills including Excel and Word
- Professional and confidential
- Strong data entry and attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to easily learn new software
- Accountable; able to work well independently and within a team
- Must be self-motivated, and customer-service oriented
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Office environment
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible hours to support a global team