Payroll Coordinator, Toronto
We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join a global team of People & Talent Acquisition professionals to support our continued growth. The Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for processing payroll for our North America’s Region accurately and on time, with growth opportunity to support OANDA’s EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Australia entities. You will be responsible for the full cycle of activities of the payroll function, including payroll preparation, processing, reconciliation and reporting while ensuring compliance with company policy, statutory requirements and legislation. The position is fast paced with deadline-driven tasks. You must possess a high level of discretion in handling confidential information. You will be asked to manage multiple items at once and prioritize tasks, while also offering suggestions on process improvements. The position will be based out of our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Global Payroll Specialist, the ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be proactive with the ability to manage time, prioritize work, multitask & have strong attention to detail.
- Timely and accurate monthly processing for our North America Region, with the intention to expand support to our , EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Australia entities. All payroll processing will be in accordance with relevant provincial, state, and federal legislation.
- Payroll preparation, coordination, and support to Global Payroll Specialist for payroll requirements for all global regions including North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Australia. .
- Support and coordination responsibilities include preparation of monthly payroll file for payroll service provider, first step reviewing of processed data reports, verification of wire payments between payroll service provider and finance team ensuring accuracy and integrity of global payroll processing and requirements
- Prepare month end payroll reports to finance in accordance to agreed upon timelines.
- Responsible for all statutory government correspondence and reporting in support of payroll requirements.
- Monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Pension upload and plan administrative duties as required.
- Primary contact for payroll service providers and for employees in responding to payroll related inquiries.
- Liaise with broader People team for payroll impacting changes
- Assist in reconciliation of benefit invoices
- Liaise with external 3rd parties, benefit providers, tax authorities etc.
- Assist with year-end preparation and reporting.
- Ad hoc reporting for various stakeholders and ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post secondary Diploma in Business, Payroll, or finance studies
- PCP designation preferred or working towards
- Minimum 2-3 years experience processing payrolls in a busy environment managing to timelines
- Strong knowledge of payroll end to end processing for Canada and the USA, European Global payroll processing knowledge an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce with general payroll software knowledge an asset
- Strong knowledge of local payroll legislation and accounting practices and principles
- Advanced knowledge of payroll systems and Microsoft Office
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage time, organize and prioritize high volume of work
- Capability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A detail-oriented, self starter who can work independently, with a sense of urgency while adhering to deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Well organised and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of HR related topic affecting payroll an asset
- Action oriented
- Must be flexible in fast paced, changing environment
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Opportunity to grow within a well-established organization
- Attractive benefit package
- We are a learning organization and provide Learning & Development allowance
- Work with dynamic, passionate, and creative teams
- Flexible working time
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.