Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to OANDA Europe Market’s Head of Compliance and MLRO, the Spanish Branch & Crypto MLRO has overall responsibility for ensuring that key AML risks are identified, monitored, and managed. The MLRO supports the ongoing relationship with the Spanish authorities and is responsible for the management of all Spanish client complaints in accordance with both MFSA and CMNV regulatory requirements.
Key Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Keep up to date with the current and planned regulatory and legal AML initiatives. - Responsible for identifying key AML operational risks.
- Plan, develop and implement an appropriate AML Strategy, that complements the firm’s overall strategy. - Monitor and assess the effectiveness of AML systems and controls, in line with both legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance and update of all AML associated policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement plans for the remediation of AML weaknesses and deficiencies. - Preparation of AML key metrics.
- First point of contact and advice for all Spanish AML and Account Opening-related escalations and inquiries.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant regulatory and legal requirements to provide advice and guidance across the branch.
- Preparation and submission of all AML associated reporting to the Spanish authorities. - Provide regular AML training to the Spanish branch staff, including internal policies and procedures, the application of standards and guidelines, and relevant laws and regulatory requirements, promoting and enhancing a strong AML compliance culture.
- Spanish client Complaint Handling.
- Maximise ‘client onboarding in terms of meeting legislative and regulatory requirements and commercial needs, in the most effective manner.
- Promoting and embedding AML compliance culture across the branch.
- Manage the AML relationships with regulatory and legal Spanish authorities. Ensuring the maintenance of effective and efficient interaction.
- Communicate with regulators and other external agencies (eg: Police, etc.) in respect of AML compliance issues including all material and non-routine correspondence.
- Manage and coordinate Spanish regulatory inquiries and supervisory visits (including follow-up and resolving or managing the remediation of findings).
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in regulatory and legal AML risks or matters of interest that have a material or relevant impact on the branch.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- 6+ years AML experience, ideally in the derivative sector or potentially banking industry.
- Past experience as an MLRO
- Ability to work independently, adopting a pragmatic but AML compliant approach.
- Good communicator, both verbally and in writing, in at least English and Spanish.
- Organized, knowledgeable, experienced, and competent AML professional.
- Spot Cryptocurrency experience would be considered an asset
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.