We are looking for a software engineer to join a cross-platform mobile team working on both React Native and AngularJS apps. The engineering team is tasked with developing the next-generation OANDA trading platform to support our clients in trading on the financial markets with confidence and convenience.
We are a highly agile group of people working closely together towards the same goal of providing the best client experience possible. The team consists of engineers working from Toronto, Krakow, and Warsaw. We believe that our experience, passion, and industry knowledge will ensure OANDA's Trading Platform's success and the prosperity of our customers.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Work on our industry leading AngularJS mobile app and take a crucial role in migrating to React Native,
- Work closely with developers and UX Designers to deliver new features using React Native and GraphQL with Apollo Client/Server,
- Write reusable, testable, efficient, and maintainable code,
- Share your knowledge and best practices with the team,
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures,
- Contribute to all stages of the software development cycle.
- Experience with AngularJS/Cordova
- Familiar with Typescript.
It would be nice if you:
- Have production experience with React Native or React.js applications,
- Worked with Node.js microservices,
- Published apps to App Store and Play Store,
- Care about clean code as much as performance,
- Contributed to an open-source project.
As a member of the team you can expect to:
By the end of the first week you will have:
- been introduced to all team members and other teams the team is working with,
- been enrolled in company-wide Bootcamp sessions,
- submitted your first pull request
By the end of the first month you will have:
- an understanding of how the product’s pieces fit together,
- been a part of at least one full SCRUM iteration,
- reviewed your colleagues' code and contributed to teams planning sessions,
- deployed your code to production.
By the end of the first three months you will have:
- been responsible for developing a full feature and have released it to production
- suggested and implemented an improvement to the overall architecture of the application
By the end of your first whole year you will:
- Understand how our trading execution system works in detail,
- Be a part of a cross-team architecture development process and work closely with other teams on implementing company-wide features
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.