IT Support Specialist, Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
OANDA is looking for a service-minded IT Support Specialist to join our Corporate IT Team. As an IT Support Specialist, you’ll be working alongside other specialists supporting 450 employees both on-site and globally, leveraging our Atlassian ticketing system to ensure we are measuring and meeting our service desk KPIs. You’ll be provided opportunities for growth with exposure to many different technologies and operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Ubuntu. Do you like to be challenged in a diverse and fast paced environment? Are you passionate about customer service? If so, then this is the role for you! This position is full-time located in our Toronto office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using your excellent communication skills to provide support to users through various communications such as Slack, email, remote-support or desk-side as required.
- Perform initial L1/L2 problem analysis and triage, and escalate systemic problems to other teams when necessary.
- Applying your resourceful problem solving skills, utilizing techniques and tools like software and driver updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Develop, implement, and participate in the preparation of knowledge base articles and documentation for the team use in Confluence.
- Support applications such as Google GSuite and Active Directory. Help the Systems Administrators configure and maintain these to develop the depth-of-knowledge required to excel in supporting them.
- Take responsibility for our new employee’s first-day experience, and collaborate with HR by owning the onboarding and offboarding of users on Windows 10 / Mac OS / Ubuntu, and managing user access to internal and external tools through Duo.
- Track IT assets in ManageEngine and Device42. Apply your excellent organizational skills to ensure our inventory is tracked, patched, and periodically audited.
- Maximize customer satisfaction; follow up on requests in a timely manner and see tickets through to completion.
- Measure and continually improve your performance by tracking, reporting, and reacting to service desk metrics such as time to first response, time to resolution, ticket cost, and customer satisfaction
- Build and deliver comprehensive IT training programs for employees, and assist in on-the-job training personnel when required.
- Experienced with assisting your fellow IT Support Specialists with installations, configurations, and setup of computer systems while following and improving current processes and procedures.
- Dive deep into problems while recording, tracking, and documenting processes and findings on all successful and unsuccessful decisions to get to the resolution in Jira and Confluence.
- Collaborate with team members locally and globally, with a focus on being professional and team-oriented.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest IT trends and technologies, by attending local conferences and events and experimenting with new technologies in OANDA’s lab environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in a professional service environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to break down and solve any problem
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills with the art of communicating to customers technical as well as non technical
- You have have the confidence with communicating and interacting with executive level management
- Strong time management and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- You have experience working in team-oriented, global, and collaborative environmentOANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible