Head of Treasury, Kraków
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Head of Treasury will lead the Treasury department, in developing and executing a strategy that ensures compliance with existing policies while recommending changes to align with the growth and development of the business. The person in this role will help OANDA achieve its strategic objectives by introducing improvements to treasury performance spanning cash management, capital utilization and investment management. With a focus on department wide process and procedure improvements, they will lead and support key initiatives and improvement in operational processes, investment income, reporting and communications to internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, the Head of Treasury is responsible for building strong collaborative relationships with Customer Service, Sales, Finance, New Accounts and Compliance teams to enhance the client’s funding experience and ensure internal processes are operating efficiently and comply with regulatory requirements. They will also work collaboratively with the Accounting team to ensure that all client cash transactions are accurately reflected in the Company’s financial records.
The Head of Treasury will lead the ongoing transformation of treasury and cash management systems and processes. This transformation scope will include the technology roadmap to delivery world class client experience and service capability; the process and knowledge roadmap to ensure efficient and accurate service delivery to our clients; the people and capability roadmap to ensure OANDA is positioned to scale and support our growing client base and client expectation.
- Develop treasury strategy and overall development of the department commensurate with OANDA’s growth and evolving complexity. Execute on strategic treasury initiatives
- Work with executive leadership and the Board to formulate and implement treasury management policies, including the establishment of risk parameters and develop and recommend new policies as required
- Ensure these strategic initiatives result in an operating model that enables superior client experience and positions the organisation to scale in line with customer growth – this will encompass technology, process, and organisational change
- Ensure department activities comply with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls
- Manage cash and investment portfolios, oversee cash management as well as implementing new bank technologies, products, and services to improve the cash cycle
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short-term excess cash
- Lead short and medium-term cash forecasting process and analysis to ensure visibility, predictability, and access to liquidity
- Facilitate Investment Committee meetings and prepare treasury presentations
- Assess and manage the foreign currency risk management program including exposure identification and determination of hedging strategies
- Maintain and manage relationships with service providers including banks and payment service providers
- Oversee back-office support related to trade and open position reconciliations and realized profit or loss settlements with prime brokers
- Direct development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital, treasury operations and FX risk management
- Supervise the maintenance of internal controls designed to safeguard corporate assets
- Develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets and minimize costs associated with hedging, banking, and payment service providers
- Establish and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence with an understanding that technology will be the core to our scalability
- A core aspect of this continuous improvement/operational excellence will be data – ensuring a capability and culture to measure, assess, act and review along with Key Performance Indicators that measure and motivate the service standards the organisation is expecting, and quality metrics and results to identify recurring control issues and track trends
- Lead business requirements and working collaboratively with Engineering on changes to key systems for the team including OANDA’s cash management system
- Cultivate and sustain a work environment that motivates high performance, recognizes and rewards individual and team excellence, and instills employee loyalty
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in a related field
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience managing internal treasury functions including investment management, liquidity and cash management
- Financial services industry experience, retail broking and derivatives preferred
- People management experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring a large team
- Experience developing and implementing new processes and procedures in a dynamic environment
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills combined with the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly
- A critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to manage tasks, develop workflows, and delegate accordingly to ensure all team tasks are achieved
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, thriving in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.