Head of Quantitative Analytics, London
OANDA is looking for a Global Head of Quantitative Analytics who will lead a team consisting of five Quantitative Analysts and help drive our growth into new markets. You will be responsible for creating trading, risk management, and hedging models for the automated hedging and risk management of client flow in equities, equity indices, FX, cryptos, and commodities. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established but growing business. In this role, you will be leading a team and analyzing large data sets with years of client order and price data, with the goal of creating and implementing new hedging models.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading, mentoring, and supporting a team of quantitative analysts
- Driving conversations with internal and external teams
- Engage in research and analysis relating to our trading business
- Analyze customer trading activity and customer trading patterns
- Build and test hedging algorithms to maximise trading revenue within board approved risk limits.
- Develop analysis roadmap and research program
- Maintain and improve the team’s data infrastructure
- A University degree in computer science, mathematical finance, engineering, physics, or a related field. A post-graduate degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Quantitative Analyst
- Experience leading a team or mentoring less senior team members
- Experience within a trading environment, preferably in a broker/dealer firm
- Experience with machine learning regression and classification techniques.
- Working experience using Python. Experience with C++, R or Scala beneficial.
- Experience with databases, data storage infrastructure, data manipulation and validation.
- Ability to work with various internal and third-party APIs for accessing and processing data.
- Experience with using public cloud data platforms. Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.