Head of People Operations , Toronto
Head of People Operations (Toronto)
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Head of People Operations will be responsible for building a solid foundation of global HR operational processes and practices to support the growth of a growing organization. You will lead and develop a team that supports the operational practices that span Global HR Compliance governance, HR Technology, HR Metrics & Analytics, Continuous Process Improvement and leading key HR projects and initiatives to support OANDA’s global organization with a focus on contributing to a great experience for employees. You will effectively manage the key transactional and operational workforce services, workforce information, systems and compliance monitoring and drive operational improvements and excellent customer service. You will ensure that innovative and up to date workforce practices are in place to provide the very best support to managers across OANDA and to enable the delivery of high-quality service, whilst ensuring that legal and statutory requirements are met and that resources are used prudently.
- To be the strategic lead for the development and implementation of workforce service level agreements and KPIs across all operational services.
- To deliver a customer-focused, feedback-driven approach to HR Operations.
- To work with the Chief People Officer and the Senior Leadership team to develop a prioritised plan (based on business value and impact) for HR Operations and operational improvement across the HR processes, policies, systems and contact channels
- Lead, define and deliver improvement initiatives and change projects to enhance service performance and employee experience which deliver measurable improvement through feedback.
- To implement review mechanisms to ensure that benefits are realised, changes are embedded and sustainable and that continuous improvement is ongoing.
- Manage and maintain provision of high-quality support to HR business partners and Management teams, in the delivery of workforce information and more
Processes & Systems
- Assess technology needs of the People function and oversee the implementation and maintenance of HR systems, policies and procedures ensuring that they support OANDA’s objectives and are applied consistently using common documentation.
- Work closely with relevant HR colleagues and teams to manage the interfaces between HR related systems and critical HR Systems including the Global Payroll Service Provider Platform, Learning and Development management system etc.
- To be the workforce lead for internal audits, developing audit processes and standards and lead implementation of audit recommendations
- Be responsible for liaising with system suppliers and attending and contributing to contract management meetings and processes
- Ensure that the HR operations service centre provides excellent service, feedback and performance against KPIs
- Develop global and regional policies and SLAs
- Present performance monitoring information across a range of operational forums, escalating areas of concern through appropriate management structures
- Ensure best practice in terms of information and business intelligence provision, working closely with all major stakeholders and the wider community
- Provide contract management of outsourced human resources services or third party contract arrangements and ensure delivery of effective services in conjunction where necessary with other partners and subject matter experts across the organization
- As the main point of contact from HR with OANDA’s third party vendors, monitor the effectiveness of the service provision through performance reports and investigating ongoing problems and overseeing solutions through a customer focused approach
- Work with the Finance Team to ensure that Global Payroll Service Provider is supported and maintains establishment control and alignment.
- Develop a detailed analysis of the benefits realisations and a plan to implement and deliver improved or streamlined technology and system implementations in support of continuous improvement of People and Talent Global Systems
Leadership and Management
- Lead and manage the HR Operations team, building an engaged culture where people feel heard, valued and developed
- Providing the leadership of the HR Operations team ensuring the engagement of the team in delivering a high-quality service.
- Ensure strong relationships are built and maintained with divisional leads and professional leads to ensure delivery of key workforce strategy work streams
- Sit as a key member of the People Leadership Team, playing an active role in the leadership and advancement of HR Operations and the People & Talent function globally
- Facilitate the personal and professional development of the HR Operations team. This involves identifying training and development needs, providing suitable development opportunities and evaluating development actions in accordance with the OANDA’s appraisal and training procedures.
- Participate in team, professional and personal development activities and promote a commitment to continuous development and improvement.
- Manage the HR Operations budgets effectively, including identifying and delivering realistic cost-improvement plans with Finance
- To keep up to date with employment law and best practice HR guidelines, evaluating the implications for the company and advising managers accordingly
Information, Risk, Compliance and Contract Management
- Draw on workforce information to maintain a meaningful link between analysis and its use in discussion and decision-making
- Manage external contracts for all HR and Payroll systems
- Working with key stakeholders and HR representatives within geographies, lead global HR regulatory compliance and policy governance (ie. Renumeration Policy), including risk management, EEOC and other filings and regional compliance such as AODA, Bill 90, and the design and implementation of measures to achieve compliance
- Monitor and take appropriate action to ensure the achievement of relevant workforce-related performance targets
- Analyse highly complex data and present effectively to stakeholders to facilitate decision-making
- Oversee provision of information to inform internal audits and deliver on associated recommendations
- Ensure provision of robust governance and risk management including maintenance of the relevant parts of the Workforce risk register
- Review, develop and lead implementation of workforce-related policies and protocols to support the OANDA’s strategic and operational priorities, where this relates to employee services
- Interpret national, international and other external guidance/policy, translating into local policy and practice as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in a Human Resources with previous experience leading HR Operations or Shared Services, with a focus on operational excellence and compliance management
- Experience in global organization or multi location organization
- Strong Business Acumen with experience working as part of a global organization. Experience in the financial services sector is an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business and bring initiatives to successful completion
- Passion for business operations with demonstrated ability to translate business needs into effective HR processes and solutions
- A passion for data and the ability to translate HR data and metrics into insights to support data-driven decisions
- Practical experience of designing and managing HR compliance, including payroll and SOX & ISO controls
- Strong technical aptitude; advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of HR systems and their application to advance efficiency of operations
- Leadership experience, effective coaching & people development skills an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven ability to influence and build relationship in a diverse environment
- Strong technical aptitude; advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good understanding of HR systems and their application to advance efficiency of operations;