Head of Internal Audit , Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Head of Internal Audit directs the establishment and activities of the Internal Audit plans and priorities and performs risk-based Internal Audits designed to provide objective assurance and advice to the President and the Audit and Risk Committee to add value and improve OANDA’s operations and technology and achievement of its objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall direction, leadership and mentoring to the Internal Audit team.
- Oversee the development and operation of a comprehensive annual and long-term risk-based audit plans strategy that align with OANDA’s strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain relevant business, regulatory, and legislative knowledge and incorporate it into the audit engagement plans.
- Perform or manage ad-hoc audits, loss prevention initiatives, fraud investigations, process improvement initiatives and other projects as requested.
- Provide independent assurance reports to the Audit and Risk Committee on design and effectiveness of key controls, and for timely remediation of issues identified by audit.
- Design, implement and embed data analytics in the audit process to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous audit projects within assigned time and budget.
- Provide consultation and advice to project steering, management or other committees on internal controls, risk management, and corporate governance issues/findings.
- Periodically present audit topics as learning sessions to executive leadership.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with applicable regulatory bodies on matters related to internal audit (IIA) and assurance.
- Actively build and enhance strong working relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
Skills & Experience:
- At least seven years of experience at a regulatory agency, major consulting firm or a financial institution in a senior risk management and/or assurance role, in a global environment.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership capacity, preferably in a global role involving the design, redesign, adaptation and execution of a robust risk management/internal audit function.
- Degree in Accounting or related field; MBA strongly preferred.
- CIA, CISA, CPA or other relevant professional designation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with a team and periodically within tight time deadlines.
- A proven reputation and track record for acting confidentially and with the highest integrity and objectivity.
- Robust knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, and appropriate domestic and international accounting and auditing processes, laws, rules and regulations.
The position will involve travel both domestically and internationally, which could be up to 25% of certain months depending on the annual audit program and schedule.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.