Global Controller , Kraków
We are looking for an experienced Global Controller with proven strong people management skills, managing remote teams and able to direct and coordinate the company’s financial reporting process, accounting systems and financial controls.
You are a team-oriented, collaborative, hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment where you are constantly surpassing your previous results, can assess existing situations and create new efficient approaches to manage the continuous growth of the company.
A history of success leading a team of exceptionally smart, motivated, career-developing staff members is essential.
Working with highly talented individuals, you will be responsible for the accounting systems, financial controls and financial analysis as well as ensuring all regulatory and statutory filings are completed on a timely basis.
The individual must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude and has the skills and personality to thrive in a rapidly changing and growing organization.
- Oversee daily operations of the Accounting and Financial/Regulatory Reporting functions.
- Provide advice and guidance to local and international entities on all accounting matters including changes to financial systems, record keeping, analysis and reporting.
- Recruit, train and supervise finance staff to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze monthly operating results.
- Manage the preparation of the annual consolidated financial statements and individual subsidiary statements.
- Support the adoption and adaptation of new financial and reporting systems.
- Coordinate with the external auditors and oversee the annual audits for the parent and subsidiary companies
- Ensure parent and subsidiary accounting practices, policies and procedures are in compliance with local GAAP (IFRS/ US).
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial/state and federal regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure complex intercompany transactions are recorded correctly and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the Treasurer and Director of Tax to ensure regulatory and tax filings are completed in a timely basis and ensure customer cash accounts are appropriately segregated.
- Work closely with other internal departments including legal, client cash management, compliance, trading and business analytics.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a Controllership or Head of Accounting/Reporting role in a complex multi-national environment.Professional accounting and audit experience from a leading audit firm.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, regulations and related matters.
- Experience with some of our regulators (IIROC, NFA, FCA, MAS, ASIC and JFSA) would be an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, treasury and financing techniques and GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS).
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Mature, effective, written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven management and leadership skills, ability to effectively plan, coordinate, and manage remote staff, including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments, provide guidance and feedback in a constructive manner.
- Strong negotiating and organizational skill, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.