Fullstack Developer (React and Java), Kraków
OANDA Corporation is an innovator in computer engineering and financial modeling that provides Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations; portfolio managers to financial institutions. We are a market maker and a trusted source for currency data with one of the world's largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases. We move billions of dollars a day (10 times more money than Paypal!!) in a market with daily capitalization of $4 trillion, dwarfing both the US bond and equity markets!! We continue to experience tremendous growth since our start in 1996, providing unprecedented opportunities for our employees to redefine the forex market with new products we create.
Who we are
We're a small Scrum team of engineers, working with modern technologies, such as React, Java Spring and Google Cloud Platform. We’re creating a new internal platform to enable our trading team to manage products we offer and our exposure within the financial market. We’re currently tasked with migration of existing solutions from on-prem to GCP.
We’re looking for a fullstack / aspiring fullstack developer with front-end experience, who is a team player, passionate about new technologies and eager to constantly learn new things. Your main area of focus will be development of the front-end application, and contributing to its backend components.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a full-stack developer from start OR work primarily on frontend and develop backend skills in your own pace
- Work closely with developers, Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features using React, GraphQL, Apollo and Java
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Monitor and maintain the health of our apps running in production (bugs, crashes, performance, etc)
- Contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of React
- Experience with automated testing suites
- At least some experience with Java, preferably with Spring framework
- Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- GraphQL and Apollo
- Cloud technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.