Full Stack Web Developer, Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
Who we are and What we do:
We are a small team of talented engineers working on the public facing OANDA website (www.oanda.com). We build and support the entire infrastructure used to deliver content and dynamic applications to visitors of our website. This website and its applications receive over 10 million views a month. We work with our design, content and marketing teams to deliver an informative and engaging website experience in multiple languages and locales throughout the world. Our team works on every aspect of this delivery pipeline, from building new interactive dynamic apps using React, to making reusable modules in Python/Wagtail, to working on nginx configurations and updating Terraform scripts used to configure our CDN.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code.
- Design and develop scalable, responsive dynamic web applications in React and Python.
- Help us improve our web architecture and move to the cloud.
- Improve our CI/CD solutions with automated testing and deployment.
- Improve our production monitoring and alert system.
- 3+ years of software development experience in using React.
- 2+ years of software development experience with Python using Django or similar frameworks.
- Good understanding of all parts of the web application stack.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent debugging skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with CloudFlare or other CDNs, GCP or other cloud computing platforms.
- Experience developing modules for Content Management Systems like Wagtail.
- Experience with Nginx, Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus or Grafana.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.