Full-Stack Developer , Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Help us simplify our legacy web architecture, deprecate redundant components and champion the move to the cloud.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Implement solutions to significantly improve time to market and self-serviceability of our websites, web applications and external APIs.
- Design and develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React and Angular
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant APIs
- Review others’ code to ensure all the best standards are met
- Independently analyze problems and develop creative solutions
- Effectively contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
- Create and maintain documentation
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python, React, AngularJS
- Efficient in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Pyramid, Django, Flask, etc.)
- Strong Back-End/API development skills
- A solid foundation in Computer Science
- An understanding of fault-tolerant, resilient and highly-available applications
- Knowledge of SQL, data normalization, indices, and comfortable with complex joins
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with NGINX routing, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud preferably GCP
- Experience migrating legacy monoliths into microservices
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code
- You like the user-interfaces to be pixel perfect
- A small team of highly-motivated and talented engineers.
- A friendly and collaborative company with an open office environment.
- An agile development shop in a growing, profitable company
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.