Full-stack Developer, Kraków
Who We are:
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world,enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
About the Team:
We are a scrum team of talented fullstack engineers, working with modern technologies, such as React.js, React Native, Python and Google Cloud Platform. We build applications which are used by our clients to complete the funding process for seamless trading experience.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Implement solutions to significantly improve time to market and self-serviceability of our websites, web applications and external APIs.
- Carefully implement designs to pixel-perfection standards from a defined design system
- Design and develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React and React Native
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant APIs
- Review others’ code to ensure all the best standards are met
- Independently analyze problems and develop creative solutions
- Help us simplify our legacy web architecture, deprecate redundant components and champion the move to the cloud.
- Effectively contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
- Create and maintain documentation
- Experience with any Python framework, such as Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc.
- Some Back-End/API development skills
- An understanding of fault-tolerant, resilient and highly-available applications
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with NGINX routing, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud AWS/GCP
- An account on GitHub with samples of your code
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.