Full-Stack Developer, Kraków
Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
About the Team:
Join an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together and create a supportive environment where everyone can learn and grow.
The Acquisition team is responsible for client acquisition and developing registration forms that allow customers begin their trading experience with OANDA. Our applications are used by hundreds of thousands of users a day on desktop and mobile devices.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Help us simplify our legacy web architecture, deprecate redundant components and champion the move to the cloud.
- Contribute to proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Implement solutions to significantly improve time to market and self-serviceability of our websites, web applications and external APIs.
- Develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React and Angular
- Develop low-latency, high-availability, secure and performant APIs
- Review others’ code to ensure all the best standards are met
- Independently analyze problems and develop creative solutions
- Effectively contribute to the specification, design, build and test phases of development
- Create and maintain documentation
- Software development experience in React and Python
- Understanding of Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Pyramid, Django, Flask, etc.)
- An understanding of fault-tolerant, resilient and highly-available applications
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
Bonus points if you have:
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code/ your own projects
- Strong Back-End/API development skills
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with cloud preferably GCP
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.