We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate and analytical individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Who we are:
As OANDA looks to expand and grow globally, FP&A team plays a crucial role in providing strategic support to the senior leadership team on organization-wide planning, analysis and reporting. This includes creation of financial forecasts and analysis of actual financial results across all businesses. We go beyond the reported numbers by translating complex financial information into actionable insights to be delivered by our business partners.
Reporting to the Director, FP&A, the Manager, FP&A, will be responsible for consolidated budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and ad hoc analysis for the business, globally.
As someone with strong communication and analytical skills, you will also become a trusted business advisor to various internal stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, HR, Sales, Product) by providing thoughtful analysis, reporting and data to support them in making decisions on broad scope of activities that ultimately impacts the bottom line.
You are someone who seeks to challenge the status quo and find creative ways to take on big picture challenges. You will apply your analytical rigor and strategic thinking when it comes to dealing with complex issues and concepts to help navigate the organization forward in a fast-paced industry. As part of the FP&A team, you will contribute to our growing company by taking on responsibilities that consists of planning, forecasting, management reporting and analytics.
Specific responsibilities (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for managing Krakow Finance Team and mentoring junior colleagues
- Leading period closes for the FP&A team
- Regular cost review meetings with business partners are completed with accurate variance analysis in a timely manner with relevant narrative on key variances
- Assist in the development of new systems, models, and processes to support the budgeting, reporting and forecasting activities of the businesses
- Support the Director of FP&A in the annual financial and strategic planning process, coordinating efforts across multiple functions, regions and levels, as well as complete periodic forecasting
- Develop insightful analysis on ongoing business trends and design dashboards that will be shared with senior management & the board of directors.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly management reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Take initiatives in improving the quality and efficiency of internal reports, including enhancing financial models and streamlining analysis and processes
- Assist in educating department leads and staff on financial processes, procedures and deliverables
- Assist in any special projects as assigned
- University Degree, with a focus in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Professional accounting designation or other relevant designation preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial modeling, analysis, and reporting
- Financial services or technology industry experience preferred
- Computer skills with experience in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with BI tools, managing multiple data sources, or ERP systems
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or other planning tools preferred
- Excellent financial modelling and analysis skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results orientated with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Hands on, detail oriented with ability to think strategically
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Previous experience mentoring team members/ managing a small team