Finance Trainee, Kraków
Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day.Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
The role is based in Krakow, Poland - you can work remotely or from the office. The internship will start in January 2022 and will last for 4 months.
You will be reporting to the Finance Manager and you will be primarily responsible for assisting the Finance team in preparing and submitting accurate and timely financial reports and information that supports management decisions.
- Prepare month-end and ad hoc journal entries
- Prepare daily bank and other month-end reconciliations
- Assist in the provision of information and liaison with external business associates, such as the auditors (year-end audit), regulators, tax agents and governmental authorities, etc.
- Assist as assigned, in preparing relevant management reporting, month-end and audit schedules, financial statements or other reports
- Assist AP team in processing invoices, expense reimbursements and corporate credit card reconciliations as required
- Perform other ad-hoc duties/responsibilities and special projects as required to support Finance Department
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and tax reporting requirements, internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Student working on a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Applications, specifically in Excel spreadsheet development and manipulation to maximize efficiency in reporting
- Mature, effective, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving; attention to detail and client focus
- Ability to perform computations with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity, self-motivation and initiative
- Independent, highly organized and ability to prioritize a workload
- Responsible team player, positive work attitude
- Willingness to be flexible according to current demands of the team and organization
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.