Enterprise Architect, Toronto
OANDA is looking for a data-driven Enterprise Architect who is passionate about solving business problems through a blend of technology and process optimization. In this role, you will lean into your passion for efficiency and automation to deeply understand our business processes, and to map them to the applications, integrations and data models in our technology platforms. Your goal is to drive consistency and efficiency across the organization to achieve organizational agility, cost optimization, employee satisfaction, and to enable business functions to achieve their individual goals. Reporting directly to the CIO, the enterprise architect plays a key role in driving and modernizing our IT strategy. As you will own all enterprise applications, integrations, and data architecture, the ideal candidate will have experience in technology, business process design, and executive communication.
OANDA’s vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade the financial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment. We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with finance, marketing, customer service, and sales to understand and document their business processes. Propose technology platforms and implementations to improve and enable their delivery.
- Solve interesting challenges in a complex organization with entities in multiple geographies and businesses in multiple verticals.
- Translate our corporate objectives to technology objectives. Communicate and coordinate with C-level executives for each business function to understand and inform their near and long-term strategies with a technology perspective.
- Develop and communicate a roadmap for our internal technology strategy.
- Develop technical architectures with our data, integrations, and product development teams.
- Own transactional data and integrations: apply Enterprise Architecture and Master Data Management principles to ensure a consistent and accurate view of data across our systems.
- Identify and define common data constructs and entities in our applications. Work with application owners and development teams to define interfaces and schemas to enable access to their data.
- Work with Enterprise Application vendors (Salesforce, Mulesoft, Marketo) to understand their products and how they fit into our technology strategy.
- Balance the cost and benefit of our processes and systems. Prepare business cases to justify technology investment with concrete returns.
- Apply Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture, and other integration / architecture patterns to coordinate communication and integration between internal and external applications.
- Train employees on how to get the most value out of our enterprise systems and introduce them to the possibilities enabled through modern technology approaches.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies through independent research and attending conferences, webinars, and events relevant to our technologies and industry.
- Ensure continued regulatory compliance through prescriptive process implementation in our systems and a strong focus on security and auditability.
- Work with business stakeholders to establish KPIs and instrument our systems and processes to provide real-time visibility and reports into our performance.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture concepts and best practices.
- Experience in Enterprise Application Integration patterns.
- Experience in Salesforce.
- TOGAF, CTA, and Cloud certifications an asset.